Chapter 1 - Self Aware

As the emerald day came closer, the new queen would be crowned. With the coronation, the age of humans would finally end.

Something was wrong and I could feel it. No it wasn't just one thing everything was wrong. As if I had ordered some nuggs at the local Sealburgs without on reflex but got some burgs instead. The kind of wrong that could almost count as a dejavu.

Even the metaphor I had used never existed. Sealburgs was a place of dreams not one in the physical world. Then again what was the physical world? 

The emerald day was the day the first slime monster appeared. Apparently the slime monster appeared out of nowhere on the surface and took over. Which was strangely similar to what humans did except that instead of appearing out of nowhere they suffered. This was till they figured out how to make fire and they became the top of the food chain.

Then again real humans where a thing of myths. Even the new queen was unsure if real humans where real. For slime's had already completely merged. 

It was believed that when the merging happened the human would feel as the merging took place and then their conscious would soon after dissipated. Such case never actually happened. The experience of the merging was horrible indeed but to have survived it was a great feat While the event was in my memories, something felt wrong. As if it never truly happened.