Chapter 26

Chapter 26

I stood at the podium next to my parents closed coffins. The coffins were beautiful and wooden and... Depressing. Inside of them were the bodies of my parents... They were basically wrapped in flowers. The church was overflowing with people my parents had become friends with over the years. Some from Canada where my mom grew up, some from NJ on my dads side, some from places we had visited as a family and become friends. They were all crying and asking why. I know I had said that my parents were always watching but that didn't do anything to stop me from crying.

I was the last one to go up to the podium to say something then I was to lead everyone in singing amazing Grace. I can hear Jimmy Buffet in the background. My parents favorite singer. I looked into the crowd and immediately picked out Kayla, Megan, Peter, and my cousin, Bailee. She was beautiful with nice blond hair and nice brown eyes. She was so sweet and nice, basically perfect for Harry.

"Jeanette Simmons and Ross Tallman. Mom. Dad. My parents. They were everything to me. It was because of them that I grew up to where I am now," I gave a weak smile, letting a few tears escape. "I remember when I was a little kid, no more than five whenever Peter and I would do something bad my dad, he would take our little hands and tap the back of them with his hand as his way of punishment, we, of course thought it was the worst punishment imaginable. I remember going hiking on fathers day with daddy and buying mom her first dress for mothers day. I remember holding my little sister in the hospital after mommy gave birth to her. I remember when dad took me to my first Taylor Swift concert when I was twelve. I remember going to all of these 'Old people' concerts with my parents, Jimmy Buffet, Big and Rich, Lynard Skynard, Kiss, kid rock, I also remember singing along to all of their songs." I smiled remembering holding dads hand watching is favorite people sing and perform. "I also remember one day on our way to school, mom and Peter were talking, we heard sirens going off and we thought the fire truck was behind us so we started to pull into the intersection to get out of its way, turns out it was heading to our side. Yeah we almost got hit. By a fire truck. Now that's not something you say everyday." I heard some people laugh. "I remember everything we did together as a family, going to sky top, going to the Jersy Shore for as long as I can remember every summer, driving to Canada, Michagan, visiting my dad's stepdad, going to midnight premiers with mom, every concert I've ever been to with dad. Everything. Every fight, every party, event, everything. That's the thing, isn't it? They're only memories now, mom and dad. They won't be physical beings anymore." then I actually started talking to mom and dad. I looked up at the stained glass windows, right through the halo. "I love you guys, I love you to the moon and back. I really do. You'll always be in our hearts, Mom and Dad." I turned back to the audience. "They're up there." I pointed to the sky. "Mom and Dad, they're up there and they're always watching, they won't miss out on anything. It's okay to move on." I said. Then stepped down from the podium overwhelmed with the tears streaming down my face. And again, too much crying for ten life times.

I sat on the stairs behind the podium because my knees were weak. I wiped off the tears falling from my eyes and looked at my parents smiling pictures. I stood up in front of the podium and heard the piano start behind me. I started out softly singing Amazing Grace, pouring everything into that ancient song.

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,

That saved a wretch like me....

I once was lost but now am found,

Was blind, but now, I see.

T'was Grace that taught...

my heart to fear.

And Grace, my fears relieved.

How precious did that Grace appear...

the hour I first believed.

I started building up my voice continuously getting stronger and stronger. This song was always my mom's favorite gospel song. I tried to sing it how she liked it.

Through many dangers, toils and snares...

we have already come.

T'was Grace that brought us safe thus far...

and Grace will lead us home.

The Lord has promised good to me...

His word my hope secures.

He will my shield and portion be...

as long as life endures.

When we've been here ten thousand years...

bright shining as the sun.

We've no less days to sing God's praise...

then when we've first begun.

I started singing a bit softer not being able to strengthen my voice any longer, the fight is done, redemption is given. Before starting the last stanza I brought Megan up with me and gave her a hug. She understood what to do. Together we sang the last stanza of Amazing Grace, sweetly and softly.

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,

That saved a wretch like me....

I once was lost but now am found,

Was blind, but now, I see.

Kayla came up to me crying holding her stomach. She hugged me and I hugged her back. Peter came up and wrapped his arms around both of us.

The next thing i remember is we were all standing outside in the setting sun watching the coffins being lifted into the ground. We were allowed to put something with them, just the "kids". I put my first guitar in with Dad and my first piggy bank with mom, she got it for me when I was five. It was small, about the size of my fist but I loved it.

The coffins were being lowered in slowly. The two new headstones gleamed in the red light. Their favorite time of day: Dusk. Twilight. Whatever you wanted to call it.

When they were nestled in their earth bed I grabbed a handful of dirt and threw it in. Kayla did the same and so did Peter. Everyone threw in one handful of dirt. After everyone was done they all sort of dispersed and went home. I stayed until they were done burrying them. When the grave diggers were done and gone I placed a rose I front of each headstone. Then I turned and walked back to Megan, Kayla, Peter, and Bailee.

"Come on, let's go home." Peter said. We all got in his car and drove to our house. The one we were in before we left. I still had a key to it. We walked in and it seemed cold and empty even though it was close to June. Two more months before I get back to Niall and we can make plans. I sat on the couch in the living room cuddling up to the corner, not even bothering to take off my black heels or to change my black dress. Bailee sat next to me and took my hand rubbing gentle circles on the back of it with her thumb.

"You did great." she said her english accent rang out. I smiled at her great fully.

"Thank you for coming." I said. "Even though we only just met it means a lot." I smiled. Just then the doorbell ran. I groaned. "PETER, GET THE DOOR." I yelled. I could hear him chuckle and run to get the door. Bailee and I continued chatting about nonsense when Peter's voice rang out.

"Siobhan, I think you might wanna come over here."

A/N

WHO COULD BE AT THE DOOR?????? LOL SORRY AGAIN FOR THE CRAPPY UPLOAD BUT MY COMPUTER IS GETTING FIXED I SWEAR. SO I WENT TO FENCING PRACTICE TONIGHT AND MY FRIENDS TOLD ME ABOUT A NIALL IMAGINE SHE SAW AND IT WAS LIKE "Niall gets his braces off and you ask him what he wants to eat first. He answers 'you.'" SO YEAH I ACTUALLY COLLAPSED LIKE I ACTUALLY DID COLLAPSE YOU CAN ASK MY FRIEND. LEGIT. I HATE BEING A NIALL'S GIRL BUT I JUST LOVE HIM SO MUCH ITS NOT FAIR.

TWO UPDATES IN A WEEK WHAT IS LIFE?!?!?!

ANYWAY.... I LOVE YOU MY PEASANTS

VOTE, COMMENT, FAN<3333333

~Siobhan