Secret Secrets...

Nagisa hated lying. Nagisa hated lying to his friends. Nagisa hated lying to his friends like Karma. Nagisa hated lying to his friends like Karma, especially when Karma was the only person he had left. 

They were in class and Nagisa could not stop glancing around like a kid going to do something stupid. He knew Sugino was sending him glances, ever since he jumped at his presence. But Nagisa also knew that as soon as he calmed down, he would get comfortable, and that always led to something bad. 

Karma, his best friend from the future, was outside. Karma had texted him, about not wanting to seem suspicious and had decided to  come to class late. 

Everyone in class was discussing their latest trip to the Okinawa island resort. Nagisa decided to assume that the time period was soon after. This meant that a lot of information was yet to be found out by the class. The Reaper and his shenanigans, like Principal Asano's troublesome meddling, like Keyano's t-  

"Hiya, Nagisa!" chirped Kayano.

Nagisa startled. 

Cursing in his head, he realised he was trying not to do what he just did, get comfortable.

"H-hey, Kayano-san," he said. Dammit, why did he hesitate?

She tilted her head.

"Are you okay?" she asked. "You seem a little pale..."

Nagisa was quick to comfort her," No, no, I'm fine, really. Just slept terribly," 

As if he was playing a part, he decided to rub the back of his head. It felt like something he would do when he was younger. 

Kayano gave him a look, but had to leave, because Koro-sensei was calling for order. 

As Koro-sensei began to drone, Nagisa decided to take a moment to collect his thoughts. 

The fact that he was hiding something so small from Karma. Of all people, he knew Karma would accept him. But he also knew that there was a small chance, Karma would get mad at him for lying to him for so long. 

So he decided to continue lying. And to distract himself, he started thinking about his kids back at school. They would be getting some random substitute. He hoped they wouldn't lose all their progress. 

His mind wandered back to the.... hidden truth. 

Lightly hitting his head against the hard wood desk, he silently groaned. He sensed Kayano glancing at him. Wincing he lifted his head. 

A couple of hours passed, and Nagisa could not figure out a way to get his mind off of that stupid topic. 

And then the door opened, revealing Karma in all his glory.

Nagisa groaned again.

'Great,' he thought,' as if it wasn't hard enough to keep my mind of you, you had to enter.'