Chapter 12

Helllo! I figured I'd update since I had nothing planned today seeing as I'm on break. I'm really liking the flow of this story, I'm sorry I ever even took a break from it. I hope you like this chapter.

-Joyce

                                                                                                Chapter 12

  I don’t think I’ve ever been so tired in my entire life. We got off the plane like an hour ago and then we were escorted in a very fancy car to the hotel. Hallelujah.

I unpacked my thing, muttering to myself about the audacity of this vacation. This was absolutely absurd! Maybe I was being grouchy because of jetlag or whatever but I was beginning to hate the idea of this ‘work vacation’ even more. Screw Mr. Chen and all his sexy muscleness.

Holy Heaven Almighty.

The bed feels like heaven when I lay on it. It’s like floating on a wonderful cloud, it just swallowed you up in comfort. Hell, it was a sensual feeling! I wondered how much this bed cost because I would literally spend up all my savings for it. It was absolutely wonderful.

I slowly begin to drift asleep, my dreams entailing a wonderful dark hair, tall, green eyed pure masculine man…when someone knocked on my door.

Hell. I just couldn’t catch a break could I? This was some absolute bull.

I got up and answered the door, the scowl on my face was evident because I could feel it.

The lady who was at my door wasn’t fazed by my angry look. She even had the audacity to look amused. I already hate this hotel. Already.

“Mr. Chen said for you to be downstairs in the kitchen in less than an hour,” She informed me perkily.

What the…what?

“What?!” I said sharply. “We just got back!”

“He insisted. He said this vacation was a work vacation and therefore you will be working. Not lollygagging,” She said with a shrug. “If I were you I would go downstairs to the kitchen before I’m out of a job,” she smirked and turned around.

Did he do background checks on his employee’s? Because this one was rude or maybe blunt is the right word. I don’t know. All I knew is that I wouldn’t let her get away with beginning so ass-ish.

“Hey! Wait up! What’s your name?” I demanded.

She turned around and gave me a sweet smile, tugging a strand of dark brown hair behind her ear before flicking me off, “You’ll see.” She said before she walked into the elevator.

Jesus take the wheel.

***

“You’re late,” Mr. Chen said immediately when I entered the kitchen.