eightyseven

"Shush, let him sleep!"

"But I want breakfast," Freddie says loudly. Zain resolutely does not open his eyes.

Harry shushes him again. "I'll make breakfast, alright," he says softly. "Let Zain sleep a bit longer."

Zain turns away from them, burying his face in the pillow and falls back asleep to Freddie climbing noisily out of bed, demanding mango and raspberries, and Harry's futile attempts to shush him. Harry brushes a kiss to Zain's shoulder before he, too, leaves the bed, trying to shush Freddie again.

🌱

"Good morning, sleepy," Harry says, looking up from his phone when Zain steps into the living room, scratching his beard.

Freddie is playing with his Legos on the carpet in front of Harry and barely looks up to wave.

"Morning," Zain says, pressing a kiss to Freddie's head and kissing Harry hello. "Why didn't you wake me? Don't you have work?"

"It's fine," Harry shrugs. "I texted to say I'd be late. Breakfast is in the kitchen."

"Thanks, babe," Zain says, rubbing his thumb over the shadows under Harry's eyes. "You look tired. You could've made me get up, you don't have to babysit."

Harry leans his cheek into Zain's hand. "I need to get back on UK time," he shrugs. "And I like spending time with him."

"Well, I'm not gonna complain," Zain says, stroking his fingers through Harry's hair. "When are you leaving for work?"

Harry shrugs.

"Enthusiastic," Zain says, rising an eyebrow. He leans down to kiss him, mostly catching his upper lip. "You ok, babe? Want me to call you in sick?"

Harry tilts his head to kiss Zain properly.

"I'm good," Harry says when they part, licking his lower lip. "How do you even call someone in sick?"

"Dunno," Zain shrugs. "I could've pretended to be your secretary." He affects a high-pitched voice. "I'm sorry, Mr Styles won't be able to come into work today, he's too busy sleeping."

"You would be the worst secretary," Harry says with a grin. "You'd never answer the phone."

"Can Cross that off my list of possible careers," Zain says, cupping Harry's face and squishing his cheeks together. "You really are very squishy, I don't appreciate it enough." He kisses the top of Harry's cheeks and then his nose.

Harry leans back slightly. "Idiot," he says, voice muffled from the way his cheeks are pressed together. "You starting to remember your drunk escapades?"

"I do remember," Zain says, letting him go with a soft bite to his cheek. "And that phone call just came back to me. You sure you don't want to call in sick? We can make Gemma take Freddie to the zoo and fuck."

"Not sure you'll manage the zoo today," Harry answers. "I looked and it closes at 4 and Gemma is still asleep. She came back just after Freddie and I got up. And I can't call in sick."

"Alright," Zain shrugs. "Freddie and I can explore the area a bit, get some groceries. Text me a list if you want anything specific."