prologue

Despite the air conditioning and the place's size, there was a notable lack of oxygen and personal space. It being August, and vacationing in full swing, the airport was filled to the brim with people. Markiplier struggled to push his way through the mass.

There was a bigger problem at hand though. He couldn't see that far into the crowd, but there were two of his egos running around, unsupervised. Neither of them needed that much supervision anyways, but he took it upon himself to get them into the plane safely. They surely wouldn't step into the airplane without making sure he knew they were alright.

He let out a frustrated groan, pushing past a lady, and stepped into the bathroom. Having time to breathe, he considered his options. He could go the long route and call Jack to see if Anti wouldn't get him Dark's phone number, or he could try and find them on his own. Thinking about it, the second option would also probably take forever.

Mark sighed, rubbing his face with his hands, and leaned against the tiles. He didn't need to bother his friend with such a task, especially since he knew Anti could be difficult. He glanced around, hoping to see a familiar face, but there was nothing but a few sinks in the room.

Perhaps Dark went to hide somewhere. He couldn't keep his appearance like that for long, although it didn't matter that much in the chaos.

Mark reluctantly looked towards the entrance, not wanting to go back into the mass, when a grey-skinned man walked in, edges slightly lit up with a mixture of red and blue. He glanced around before he noticed Mark, to which he let out a sigh.

"Oh. Here you are, Mark. We have been looking all over for you," he said, waiting for Mark to join him. "I thought that you would have been here."

Mark decided to ignore the condescending approach and slowly walked up to him. "Where were you? Is Iplier with you?" he asked.

"He is waiting by the coffee machine," Dark grunted, "and do not get lost again. We will miss our flight."

"Me? You two ran off! I was going to call Sean to ask if he was going to pick you up tomorrow, and you were meant to stay put," Mark complained.

Darkiplier stepped towards the man in a white coat, ignoring Mark's whining. Dr. Iplier was sipping tea that he got from the coffee machine, looking them over. "Great, you're back. Can we do this already? I'm getting nervous."

Dark sighed. "If Mark cooperates, we will." He's been on a plane already, so it was nothing new, and he wasn't nervous about the ride. You couldn't say that about most of the other egos, though.

Mark let out a grunt, beginning to step away from them. If they didn't follow, it was their problem they missed their plane ride. Well, not really, but he was done with their complaints. Having the more peaceful Septics over would be a blessing, although he didn't expect to see much of them once they got together.

He watched as Darkiplier stepped into a row, and Iplier into another one. They tried to space it out so that they wouldn't go in at the same time since that could also be seen as suspicious. Mark leaned on a billboard as he stared through the queues. Darkiplier carrying Mark's appearance wasn't new, but it still felt weird. Iplier could seem suspicious, but he simply refused to give up his lab coat. He'd probably excuse himself with being a doctor, knowing him. Mark wondered if Iplier, or Schneeplestein for that matter, knew real doctors wore regular clothing too. After all was said and done, he could at least enjoy peace for a while, before coming to pick up Chase and Marvin.

Darkiplier let himself get scanned over for metal and dangerous items. He wasn't addicted to his weapons like Wilford, but he expected nothing less of his acquaintance than to warp over the security checks in the first place. He glanced over to see the doctor still waiting in the line. The entity grabbed his small black suitcase, filled with false documentation and essentials. He turned to make his way towards the plane, knowing well that he wouldn't keep this up much longer, and his shell could begin cracking at any moment. He sat down in his seat, opened a magazine, and let his aura softly illuminate the pages.