chapter one

Anti was usually expected to call shotgun- with a knife in his hand- and no one else dared to sit there when they knew Anti was going. The septics rarely were in the same car together anyway, though they handled things more collectively ever since the daycare fiasco. And so it caught Jack off guard when Darkiplier sat down in the front seat and no one questioned it. Neither Dr. Iplier nor Anti seemed to share the same concerns though. The aura was less distracting than Anti's glitching anyways.

Dr. Iplier finally relaxed when the two alters got out of the car. Anti and Dark stepped onto the staircase leading to the entrance of the apartment complex. Jack clutched the wheel as he looked after them, the afternoon sun reflecting in the car's windows.

"Have a..." He stopped, his expression shifting into a grin. "Whatever. Don't get into trouble."

Anti glared as the car began to drive away. "Moron!" he shouted after Jack, then turned to follow Dark through the door.

Antisepticeye shut the door tight on his apartment. Darkiplier looked around, noting the mess everywhere, but not commenting.

"Do you not care that Jack knows where you live?" he asked instead.

"You think he's gonna come to me for something?" Anti smirked.

"Fair point. But it is more of a concern of privacy."

Dark made his way towards the couch, and sat down, watching as the glitch came up to him. Anti noticed the light dimming a little and things tinted in soft shades of red and blue, but decided it was probably just Darkiplier feeling relaxed. Or, perhaps, attempting to do so by altering his surroundings.

"So, remember how you wanted a plan?" he asked. 

Darkiplier nodded in response, to which Anti continued, "well, I've got a few... ideas." He added a pitchy cackle, taking out his knife and running a finger along the edge.

"A plan and an idea are two completely different things, mind you."

"Oh, shut up! You should stop hanging out with the stupid android, or you'll turn into a walking thesaurus," Anti snarled. "Well, anyways. I've been thinking about executing a few... pranks on a... few people."

Darkiplier groaned. "Do you not do that all the time?"

"Well, I sure do, but imagine how much better it would be with such an accomplice," he laughed.

Dark raised an eyebrow at the title. Anti sighed, the sound of static picking up as he glitched in frustration. "Don't be a killjoy. We'll get this done and have fun, then we can go on to the local dog shelter and help out if that makes you feel better."

Darkiplier rubbed his temple, his aura rising behind him. "Sure. I do not mind."

Anti tilted his head. "Hey. I want you to be fun while you're here, so don't let other stuff distract you, alright? We're gonna have a good time, get your mind off of things. You'll forget all your responsibilities once you hear them screaming."

Dark forced a small smile. "I guess."

"So just keep your mouth shut and focus. Jack's gonna be absolutely terrified," Anti chuckled.