Chapter 17

At 5:00, Clint and Natasha got up to go get the kids and Laura from the farmhouse.

At 5:30, Steve noticed Natasha missing, and got up only to find a note explaining her absence,

At 5:31, Steve woke Bruce up from being so noisy.

At 5:34, the other guy  almost woke up (the rest of the team)

At 6:00, the rest of the team woke up and started eating breakfast.

The 6 people at the tower sat around a small table, munching on various foods. Thor made Jane try his pop tarts, who nibbled hesitantly on a corner while Thor took a big bite out of his. Tony and Pepper were eating pancakes, Bruce had a bowl of cereal, and Steve ate a bowl of oatmeal, with honey mixed in. His favorite.

"So," Tony said, breaking up the silence. "Who are you, Jane Foster?" He said, focusing his gaze on the brunette.

"Um..." Jane looked around at the team. Pepper smiled at her, and Thor grinned as if he couldn't wait for the team to meet Jane. "Well, you know my name. I'm an astrophysicist, which really just means that I study space, and I first met Thor when I accidentally nearly ran over him." 

The team stopped eating for a second when she said the last line. 

Banner looked at Thor, then Jane, then back to Thor. "Woah....." he said, his hands in front of him and his eyes wide. "You're that girl who hit him with her car twice?"

Jane laughed, Pepper, Tony, and Thor joining in a second later. Steve smiled, shaking his head slightly, and Bruce just looked dumbfounded. "Wai- bu- Thor said that it was some nerdy scientist who wanted to research him! Never in my wildest dream would I ever thought that it was you!"

Jane put her head in her hands, still laughing. "Seriously?" She said, looking at her boyfriend in surprise. "That's how he put it?"

Tony shrugged, deciding to take part in this hilarious conversation. "Yup, he said 'the weirdest thing happened the first time I was banished to earth. One second there was a lot of lighting, and the next there were these two hot girls and an old man bending over me. And then they dropped me off at this healing center, but there were these people in ugly blue suits that put needles in me and ties me down, so I ran away. And next thing I know, this beat-up machine with wheels was chasing me, and then when I looked up, I was on this desert floor, and those three people from the first time were looking at me again, and the one with glasses says that the other girl's got her evidence, and then I found out they were scientists who had been studying my short visits to earth, and things moved on.' Hilarious, right?" Tony said, finishing off breathless, and with a flourish.

Steve stared at Tony, confused, and weirded out. "How in the world did you remember all that?"

Stark gave Steve his signature smirk, and said, "I have my skills, you have yours."

"Well," Steve said, looking at Jane. "You're officially part of our Avengers family." He said, putting his authoritative voice on.

Jane blushed, her pale skin tinting pink. "Thanks," she said. "This is amazing. All of you are so amazing. Really."

Pepper drew in a breath. "Don't make any promises, Jane," she said, looking at the brown-haired girl. "This is a good day. They're usually worse than this."

Jane smiled at Pepper. "I've survived Darcy, so I'm sure it can't be too bad."

Bruce looked around the table, still obviously shocked. "Who's Darcy?" He asked.

"Darcy's my friend. She was the other girl with me when we found Thor. She talks a lot. A LOT."

"Oh, ok."