Chapter 20

The plane touched down around 3:20, and the Avengers left the airport around 4.

"Woah..." Lila said when she saw their hotel. It was a tall building, towering over the vendors and tourists below. It was next to the beach, so everyone on the north side of the building had a great view of the sea.

Even Natasha dropped her jaw in awe. Sure, Tony was a billionaire and could afford this kind of stuff, but this hotel? It seemed like the type to be expensive even for a man who owned a 93 story building.

The whole crew followed Tony into the lobby, taking in the amazing architecture and furnishings while Tony signed them in.

"Hey, guys?" Tony walked to the group. "They're short a couple of rooms, so we'll have to share. I swear, every time I book a hotel they end up messing it up!" Tony fumed. "So, who's sharing?"

Everyone looked at each other, trying to work out the best sleeping arrangements. "Um, Tony? How many rooms do we have now?" Bruce asked from behind Thor's gigantic figure.

"4."

"Really? How many did we have before?"

A sigh escaped Tony's mouth. "6."

Bruce gave him a confused look. "How?"

"Well, I thought Pep and I could share a room," 

Pepper blanched.

"Ok, or not. The Barton's got a big suite, Thor and Jane shared one, and the 3 single pringles got their own room, but obviously that set up's not gonna work now."

"Oh. I get it."

The group looked at each other again. Silent agreements were made through hand gestures, nodding, and secret languages.

"Pepper, Jane, and I can share a room," Natasha said. "We don't like you guys anymore," she added jokingly.

The male members of the team reeled away from the three girls, feigning hurt. "I felt that," Clint said in a sad voice, putting a hand on his cheek.

"Great. Moving on. I'll be roomies with Capsicle over here. So you and Bruce are together, Thor." Tony finished. "Now let's go."

They boarded the elevator, which was surprisingly spacious, considering it was a metal box, and there were twelve people plus countless suitcases and bags filling up space. Lila started singing on the way up, later joined by Auntie Nat, who picked her up and swung her around, nearly clobbering her father.

After what seemed like forever, they finally made it to their rooms. Groaning, they picked up their luggage and stepped out of the elevator, and looked for their rooms.

"Here are your key cards, everybody." Stark dished out flat cards of plastic to every one according to their room. "They unlock your room, duh, and you can buy stuff like food or souvenirs with them as long as they're from the hotel. They came as part of the hotel deal. Clint, you're 32A, Natasha's gang, you're 32C, Steve and I are 32D, and Thor and Bruce are 32E. Got it? Yay, great, get moving."

Natasha, Steve, and Pepper slid into their room.

"Well." Jane faltered. "This is nice."

That was definitely an understatement. There was a gleaming chandelier hanging from the ceiling, illuminating the room. 2 twin beds sat on one side, a nightstand next to it. A desk, a wingchair, and a sofa filled up space in the room, and lastly, there was a large flat screen covering almost half of the wall. Tony really went all out for this trip, Natasha thought. Too bad we're gonna prank him so hard.

The girls unpacked their belongings into the large closet and dresser. The few snacks they brought were compiled in a measly anthill on the counter.