Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

Chapter Three

I need to get another job fast. I feel like I am drowning in debt even when I am not exactly in debt. I have no idea what to do, basically all my options have been exhausted and I have to eventually let Gigi know what's going on. She knows about my situation at home but I haven't told her how bad things have gotten and I did not tell her for good reason. 

Gigi is just like her mother, they care from their very core and are always willing to help wherever they can. It's a beautiful trait to have, but she has already helped me out too much. I don't want to become a financial burden on her. 

The only person who I've been opening up to a lot is Bryce and he offered to help, which I flat out declined because of two reasons. Number one being that just like Gigi I don't want to owe him or become a burden to him. Secondly because I don't want to send out any more mixed signals. Our situation is already messed up enough, with the cuddling and whatnot, so since the last incident we had I had some time to think about and just decided to let things cool off between us. 

I realised that the only person I should be having that kind of contact with is my boyfriend, which is very funny because I have not had one since I broke with ‘Darren the douche’ in my second year of college. Darren was an awful person. He really was a douchebag that just got under everyone’s skin. I don’t even know why I dated him in the first place. He was all muscle and no brains, just a complete chauvinistic pig.

“We’re here”, a voice says pulling me out of my thoughts. I look away from the window at the driver. I quickly give him my fare and step out of the car. 

I walk into Le Petit Chateau and get my butt into work mode. I’m glad I have a morning shift today because I can be done by midday. At the same time the morning shifts are so busy with the breakfast and brunch buzz. 

Why can’t people eat breakfast in their own homes?

By the time I am done for the day, my feet are painful and I curse these heels that I have to wear. Dress code is a sucky and selfish thing to have. Just like people who like to have themed events, why can’t I wear what I already have in my closet? Now I have got to run around like a headless chicken, looking for something to wear that fits your theme also spending money that I cannot afford to waste, on something I get to wear for one day at most. 

As I am about to take off my shoes in the locker room. My phone rings with a call from Gigi. 

“Ola chica, are you done for the day?” she asks. 

I nod and then remember she can’t see me, “Yes, finally” I say with a sigh of relief.

“Great, come over”.

“Sure thing”, I say to her. 

We both hang up after a quick see you now. I slip my feet back into the death traps. Using the mirror in my locker I fix my make-up, set my hair free from the regular pony and run my fingers through it just to give it some volume. 

Today is a hot day so despite the gross acts that I suffer through, I wore a skirt today. With  my shirt tucked in, my hair fixed and my purse on one hand , I left the building. 

“Rosalie, hey”, Paul greets me with a smile as we pass each other. 

“Hey”, I say back. 

He is on his way into the restaurant. I quickly move away and power walk away from him as fast as I can in these shoes. 

Ever since the night he dropped me off at home, Paul has been overly friendly. It’s like everytime I go on a break, or when I am done with work, he is there. He mysteriously appears and it is creeping me out. Add on the fact that he knows where I live without me even telling him, he is way up on my ‘creep radar’.