Wattpad Original
There is 1 more free part

Chapter Five

“Oh Rosalie, you’re breaking my heart”, Mr Donnadieu says from where he sits opposite me in his huge plush leather chair. 

We are currently in his office discussing my resignation from the restaurant. Which is something he is not taking very well. 

I see some sadness in his eyes. “I’m sorry Mr Donnadieu”, I say twiddling my thumbs on my lap. 

“I told you to call me Victor”, his voice has a slight quiver as he speaks. 

Geez I never knew my resignation would break this poor old man. I mean I am sad to be leaving. He has been like a second father to me ever since I started working here. He took me in knowing that I had no experience whatsoever. 

“I’m so sorry Victor”, I say to him. 

I am trying to control my emotions but it’s hard and if he looks at me with those sad eyes one more time, I swear I’m going to cry. 

“It’s okay kiddo. It’s just that you were one of the best, and losing you sucks.” he stands up from his chair and walks around the table to put his hand on my shoulder. 

I too stand up from the chair I was sitting on and give him an affectionate hug. 

“Promise me that you’ll come to visit me”, he mumbles on to my shoulder before he detaches from our embrace. 

“I promise Victor”, I say. 

He looks at me with kind eyes and smiles at me as I make my way out of his office to tend back to my tables. 

News of my resignation travels faster than the speed of light at the restaurant and I receive sad goodbyes and a million “I’m going to miss you”, from the staff the whole week.

Today is my last day and I honestly feel very nostalgic. It’s always hard to say goodbye and the past six months that I have been working here has been nothing short of a miracle. God really came through for me when I needed him most. 

But now it is time for me to move on, even if it means that the next chapter of my life involves cleaning up after other people. 

I go to my last table of the night and of my waitressing career as Shelly the hostess tell me that I have new diners that are seated in my section. 

I walk up to the table where two gentlemen are sitting. I can see one from the direction I am walking towards, but the one seated opposite him is facing away from me so I can only see his broad shoulders which are hugged tightly by his suit jacket. 

“Hi, my name is Rosalie and I’ll be your waitress this evening”, I plaster on a smile and hand them the menus. I look at the guy I saw when I was walking over and ask him for his order. 

While he looks over the menu and tells me his choices, I quickly write it down on my notepad. 

“I’ll have a medium rare steak with vegetables on the side, plus a glass of red wine”. 

I nod and turn to the other guy. “And you sir?”, I ask as he looks at his menu. He had his head down the whole time and I get a proper look at him when he looks up at me. 

Whoa...

I am met by the most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen. I feel like I am staring at the ocean somewhere in the Bahamas or some other island. 

He holds my gaze for a few seconds and tells me his order. 

“I’ll have the vegetarian fettuccine and white wine”, he drawls off in a smooth British accent.