Chapter Nine Mara

I woke up with my head agianst something hard. My eyes fluttered open and I stared at a gray wall. Okay, maybe I'm in the courtyard. I rolled over and looked at my surroundings. I was in a little room with no windows. The hard thing my hard thing my head was on was the cement part of the bed. Yes, there was a bed. It had a very thin comforter with a small blanket that could only cover my torso and a pillow a little bigger than my forehead. My head must have slid if the pillow.

In the front of the room there were steel bars with a door in the center. Steel bars, like in a prison. I was a prisoner. There must have been a explanation for this before I lost consciousness but I was too scared to recal the memory. I was a prisoner. Prisoner. I hoped that saying the word over and over again would make it untrue, but it wasn't. Finally, I lost it. I screamed bloody murder, making sure that everyone heard it.

Footsteps came towards my cell and a guard appeared around the corner.

"Stop yelling or I'll have to shut you up myself" he said to me sternly. I screamed again, maybe louder than the first time. The guard's face shown bright red and he growled. Growled like a werewolf. Werewolves, Theodore, hybrids, it all came back to me. I was a prisoner to the hybrids, the same hybrids that took my mom. Maybe, just maybe, I could find her here. The guard, seeing that the growl didn't affect me, unlocked the door and charged at me.

"Stop! Melissa needs her!" I heard a voice say. The guard stopped and looked at the cell across from me. A girl with black French braids and a gray romper was facing towards me. She was maybe a year or two younger than me. The guard looked at me again then left to go back to his post.

"Thank you. How did you know to say that? I said to the girl once the guard was gone.

"Melissa's the leader of the hybrid rebellion. She needs you to tell her details about some girl they kidnapped from Cloverwood. Apparently you're her roommate." She must mean Claire. "Anyways, thanks for saving me. I will try to do my best to get you and everyone else here back to safety. I'm Mara." I held out my hand for her to shake.

"I'm Kathy" Kathy just had a long enough arm to reach out and grab my hand to shake it.

All of a sudden, I heard voices coming from one of the halls. Female voices.

"Blaire, if there is something dangerous down there I want you behind me." A voice said.

"But then I can't help."

"Just do it." the first voice replied.

"I've never been down here before, what do you think they do here?" I heard one of the voices say.

"I think I know exactly what they do here" I heard a familiar voice say. Claire!

"Claire I'm down here!" I yelled. Claire turned the corner and burst down the hallway. Two girls followed behind her, there eyes wide with amazement.

"They have prisoners down here? I thought this was a peaceful rebellion!" One of the girls said. This girl had blonde hair and a lab coat. She was the girl that had opened the jar that had the purple smoke, this was Blaire.

"I wonder how many other lies they've told us" The other girl said. She had curly red hair and was wearing a black beanie and black this and black that and just a lot of black. These girls were part of the rebellion and they didn't know that these people killed.

"This rebellion is vicious. They kill innocent people." I said to Blaire and the other girl. "They killed my dad"

"We didn't mean for all that to happen but sometimes.....you have to use force to get what you want. To get what you need." At the end if the hallway there was the lady with the straight brown hair. The leader of the rebellion.

"Now these girls" she gestured to Kathy and me. "Are of pure blood. We are going to show all of the pure bloods what happens when you have prejudice against a type of supernatural. So we are going to torture and hurt them the same way they hurt us throughout history. Starting with you." Melissa pointed a gun at Kathy. "This isn't gonna hurt....me. I can't say the same for you."