Chapter 28

Y/N and Zach kept seeing each other after graduation, and a month after his death, Bryce threw a memorial party for his two old best friends. Y/N was getting ready and went over her hair, straightening it one last time. When she was ready, she walked there with Jess and as soon as they got to the gates, they could hear the loud music blaring from inside. At around 9pm, Bryce stood up on a wall outside as everyone gathered around him with a shot of vodka, his favourite drink in their hand.

"We really wish they could have been here tonight, every single one of us do. So a toast, to them. Hope you're having a good time up there." Bryce said and lifted his shot up and everyone joined in. Zach had one arm around Y/N and he hugged her from the side. "To you boys." Bryce said and took the shot with everyone. "We're missing you."
Everyone soon went back to partying and Zach went off to play piano, dragging Y/N behind him. She had been asking him for months and he always refused, but tonight he decided to show her what he could do on piano.

"Did you take piano lessons?" Y/N asked and he told her about when he got forced into them by his mum when he was younger and she laughed a little bit. "You should've applied to take it up in college."
"No, it's not really my thing. I'd prefer to study guitar and voice." He said still looking at the piano.
"Fair enough. I hope you find it fun anyway."
"So does my mum, except you know what I'm actually studying."
"Wait what? She doesn't know?" Y/N asked with a little laugh and Zach shook his head with a mischievous smirk.

"What does she think you're doing?"
"She thinks I'm doing violin." Zach admitted causing Y/N to shake her head. She sat down beside him and began playing the same tune on the higher side of the piano. "You can play?"
"Yeah. Alex." She said and Zach nodded.
"Right."  The two of them walked downstairs to get another drink and they walked around talking to different people all night. The group played a few drinking games that night and then everyone eventually ended up leaving or asleep somewhere in the house. Y/N sat up seeing she was only in her underwear, between Zach and Jess.

Looking either side, she saw Jess was still fully dressed but Zach was in his underwear. She guessed that Jessica had seen them in there when they were asleep and then joined them in the bed. Y/N rubbed her head as she felt extremely dizzy and sick when she stood up, and then she made her way to the bathroom after putting on her hoodie, leaving the door open slightly as she sat in front of the toilet. After about 10 minutes, she felt her eyes fall heavy and she soon drifted off to sleep.