chapter 5:Celebrating Pahela Baishakh

Lamia's POV:
It was the time when the weather of Dhaka was trying to start their game to burn the citizens with it's burning ray. Bangladesh was exceptionally  blessed with 6 seasons and with their distinct traits! It was April's 14 in the calendar  and was considered as the beginning of a new year!-if you don't know this is the first day of Bengali new year. We used to celebrate this day traditionally across the country with various arrangement. So we thought why not celebrate this day in our own way. So,we made a "short meeting" at our hostel regarding its celebration.
It was finally decided that we all would wear white Saree with red border. Well,this was the years old culture of us.
-" Panta ilish"is a must" Preeya said enthusiastically and brushed her lips with her tongue too prove how delicious it would be!
-" Then you take the responsibility of buying Hilsha" Titir giggled and hid in the back of Nipa.
-"Well my boyfriend would help me to do that". Romanticism covered Preeya's face and She confidently replied in a dramatic way.

Seeing her expressions, everyone loudly laughed. Then we started collecting the "chanda"(Participation fee) from each girl to arrange that wholeheartedly like we were doing something of " national concern"!

-"Titir, why don't you arrange a "cultural programme? It could be on the roof at the afternoon. Hmm?"-Momi asked being done with calculating all probable expenses.

-" Well.Then you all have to perform there girls"-Titir told us eagerly finding a comfortable sitting position on Rafi's bed.

-"I will dance" that new girl stood up suddenly and informed us being super enthusiastic.

-" I can recite a poem for max "-Nipa  informed us shyly.

Farin and another girl told us that they would have to be their office party. We allowed them to attend that. They could join us at evening. Easy right?

So today in the morning I woke up at 5.00. Darkness was there outside the window. I saw Nipa was already up and she was brushing her teeth. I greeted her warmly " shuva nabobarsha"(Happy new year).

She replied me back. I requested her to have a quick shower otherwise we could get late and miss the Mangal shobha zaatra which was the last thing I wanted.
Before having shower, I called all the girls to be up.

I knew that they thought me as a "Super strict, Control freak" lady but I did not feel like making their thought wrong about me. Their perception did not matter to me as already in this six years I have learned" We" meant "nothing" to each other in the end. SAD BUT TRUE.

I have decided in my shower that I would wear a beautiful zamdani. This was my mom's Saree. She was not here anymore, but this saree was. Undeniable Fate!
I felt so emotional that I could not resist the tear which was in my throat in the form of a knot. When I got out of washroom hearing the frequent knock on the door, I could feel my eyes were looking puffy. I stepped out looking down at the floor fearing anyone might ask any unpleasant things!
Finally I wore that zamdaani with a beautiful designer blouse. I wanted to create a very traditional look. To be honest, I had watched a hell lot of videos on youtube to make it "Proper". I have bought 'Alta" recently to wear on my foot today.
That complemented my look -I praised myself. I did not find what to do with my hair, so I decided to keep it untied.

The last look that I could see on the mirror made me really really satisfied.
" Those videos worked out perfectly " I thought myself pleasantly.

Preeya came to my room to get some black hair pins as she wanted to make a bun and stopped as dumb strucked !
-"Oh goddddddddd, you are looking so stunning apu! This is a killer look"she complimented me shaking her head full of curly and bouncy hair.
-"So kind of you" being embarrassed I replied.
-"You must have to be" my model" for my boutique house. Promise me that you will" she aksed me impatiently.

-"We will see that" I laughed and told her to be done.

All the girls were looking so beautiful that I suggested them to have a lot of snaps. I am not exaggerating, trust me. They looked fabulous. Then we all joined the possession that was being started from "Fine arts building "of University of Dhaka.
-" This is already recognised as "world heritage" Titir informed us all while walking and keeping pace with the possession.
-" Don't know why, I am feeling so proud" new girl replied innocently. I patted her back softly.

The sun seemed to be an enemy that day!It was too hot and we were sweating and panting as well. But we did not give up!Like the brave fighters, we kept on walking even in our Sarees!

Being back we had our traditional "Panta ilish" in the roof top enthusiastically. The hilsha tasted to good that we were bound to thank Anas.
" Thank me that I chose her" having a careful bite on the fried hilsha Preeya commented.
Sneha could not decide who she should go on a date with today. So she ultimately stayed with us. She was looking undeniably amazing. Her make up skill was really great!
" Dont roam around. Please take your seats here girls"-in the afternoon, Titir announced and tried to calm the girls.

Well, we have brought one "carpet" there.Everybody took their seat on that. Titir managed a"microphone "from her friend Akaash.

Preeya was there to cover our cultural programme with his boyfriend's DSLR. Great Contribution from Anas!

The programme started with Tagore's song " Esho he Baishakh ".
We all took part in that song. Key; off key.
Enthusiastic people from other building were trying to see what was happening here. Then gradually Titir make us spellbound with her beautiful voice, that new girl danced beautifully, Nipa recited a funny poem, I danced like an amateur that made others laugh, Sneha cracked a "naughty joke" that she had heard from her ex.

We all laughed, sang, danced and thus welcomed the new year at the hostel.The moon was shining when we left the roof having terrible leg cramps and sleepy eyes!

Author's Note: Next chapter will be about "doubt and Romance" Don't miss it.
My readers are amazing ❤
Please keep reading and don't forget to vote and leave some comment.

I really know myself that first few chapters are quite childish and immature, but still they are really really important for you to read to gradually experience tremendous  love, suspense, sorrow, friendship, enmity with the characters!! 
So, please turn the page and keep reading till the last. The deeper into the story you will go, the more you will enjoy. Try it ☺