Chapter 2

Hoseok led me to a large room full of various types of cages, they were filled by many breeds of birds, cats and dogs.

What attracted my attention, however, was a tiny almost imperceptible cage in the corner of the room. It looked like the only animal there was a small bunny whose brown eyes where filled with fear.

"Why is that one alone? " I cautiously asked

Hoseok furrowed his eyebrows
"O that's Jungkook the one I was talking about he doesn't get along with the others you can say that other bunnies like to pick on him."

It saddened me that this cute little creature was so isolated. He's the one that must be really lonely. I realised.

"Can I see him then?"

"Ehh we can try but he's not really cooperative." Hoseok mumbled.

I opened the cage and calmly put my hand in trying not to seem threatening.

I felt something small and wet on my palm it was his cute little nose. I had to suppress my want to hug and kiss the hybrid.

" I think he likes you"
Said Hoseok from behind me scaring me as I forgot about his presence.

"Really why do you think so?"

"Its the first time he didn't run of when someone was trying to touch him. I think you're perfect person to care for him."

"I'm taking him. Are there any necessities I need to buy for him?"

"Yes come with me"
said Hoseok taking the cage with the bunny.

"You have to buy some heat supplements
and of course a collar will be needed."

I didn't like the idea of him wearing collar in his human form but it's the law. Hybrid without one can easily be mistaken for a stray with can result in being taken away. I know he needs it to go out. Of course i will made it clear as soon as I will be able to talk to him that he doesn't need to wear it at home. I thought seriously.

"Can I get some simple black collar? , when he starts to be comfortable I will let him chose the one he wants. And about the heat..."

"Bunnies get it once every 3 months so you got about month. You don't have to worry about it for now."

His words really calmed me down. It wouldn't be good if he had gotten heat while his still not comfortable in his new home.

After getting suppressants and collar Hoseok helped me to load the cage into the car. After few exchanged words I was already on my way home with the hybrid loaded into the back seat.

I arrived home which was a bit difficult trying to balance all this things when opening the door. I immediately put the cage on the ground and opened it so the hybrid can see its new home.

It looked terrified hiding in the corner I felt really sorry for him.
Now with a good lighting I could see it better. It was so cute light brown fur and eyes like diamonds even prettier then stars.

"Don't be scared Jungkook-ah it's okay. I'm not going to hurt you. My name is Yena and from now your going to live with me but don't worry I will treat you like my friend and not property. You don't have to come out now but if you don't do it soon I will be very sad."
I said jokingly my face painted with a big smile.

The bunny only whimpered at my words.

" I take it as yes bunbun.
I'm going to make something to eat how about that?
I don't know what you like yet but I've heard you really like carrots and fresh cabbage."

Jungkook looked a bit happier when he heard it and my heart was already melting at his cuteness.

I went to the kitchen to prepare something to eat I got some instant noodles for myself and chopped some veggies for Jungkook.

I'm still not sure what he likes, Hoseok told me that he really likes carrots and cabbage I guess it will have to do for now. I thought while chopping carrots in a small pieces.

I hurriedly ate my meal and took the dish with bunny's food to the living room.

"Kookie, Jungkook-ah where are you bunbun?"

I started panicking it was clear that he came out from the cage but I wasn't sure where he went.
What if he hurt himself? ohh god I'm such a bad caretaker.
As I was pacing around the room I heard a loud whimper coming from underneath the couch.
I immediately sat on the floor and looked underneath the furniture to see brown eyes looking at me with panicked face.

Oh no he must think he has done something bad because of all my yelling.

"Bunbun come out please don't be scared I'm not mad at you I promise I was just worried about you. Look I got your favourite snacks here" I said showing him the dish.

"I'm really sorry I won't shout anymore I promise." I whispered to him.

He just looked at me for some time it felt like an hour sitting there and waiting for his response even though just a few minutes have passed.
Suddenly I saw movement he was slowly coming out, eyes no longer showing any sign of fear.
I felt smile coming and replacing my sad look.

Jungkook went to me and sat just in front of my lap looking so cute and pretty.

"Thank you bunbun I'm really sorry that I scared you. "

"Can I pet you?" I hesitantly asked showing him my palm.

After looking at it he slowly nodded his head.

I gently placed my palm between his ears and started to pet him. He tried really hard to look like he didn't enjoy it but I could hear some small purring sounds here and there.

It was the first time I felt so accomplished, really. People would think it isn't that big of a deal but for me his acceptance meant a lot. I know that he's still not ready to show me his human form but this interaction showed me that I can change his life for better even if it takes one step at a time.
From now on my dream was to make Jungkook happy. Even if it means a lot of work and time.

....................................................................................Author
Sorry if there are any mistakes English is not my first language if you see any mistakes feel free to point them out.
Love 💜💜