Chapter 7

When Monday rolled around, I got a text from Sophia.

Sophia: hey Lily, just wanted to let you know that me and August are coming to the parks today, we flew in yesterday. So, I was wondering if your working and where we can find you

Me: hey Sophia! That's great! I am working today, and Wendy and Peter normally wander around Fantasy Land and Main Street in Disney Land. I'm also in the parade tonight, so if you wanna see me on the parade, there's that too.

Sophia: Ok great! I'll make sure we come to the parade! See you soon! Love you.

Me: bye sis, love you

Well, that's great. Another awkward encounter. But this time, I'm on the other side. I quickly got ready and got to work.

Once I was in full Wendy, I tried to find Everett backstage. When I gave up, I knocked on his dressing room door. "Everett?" I asked. "Come in!" I heard Everett's peppy voice say from the other side of the door. He was sitting in a green chair in his Peter Pan outfit. "What's up?" he asked. "So, one, sorry for Saturday. Two, my sister and her son are coming and they're kinda sorta hunting us down" I explained. "One, it's fine. Two, that's great! Even thought I'll be in character, I can't wait to meet your nephew. Then that gave me an idea. "Hey, I'll see you soon, I gotta go" I said, turning to leave. I walked downtown the hall to find Mr.Locks's office. I knocked on the door. "Come in" I heard his emotionless voice say. I slowly opened the door. (To be honest, Mr.Locks kind of scared me). "Miss Carter, what can I do for you?" he asked as he put down the paper he was holding. "Um, so, my sister and nephew are coming to the parks today, I was wondering if I could do something special for him? He really loves Peter Pan, and it's always his mission to hunt Peter and Wendy down. So, is there a way I could do anything special with him?" I asked. "No, you may not. If you see him, treat his as if he were another child you've never met" he said coldly. "Oh, ok" I said sadly as I walked out the door.
At 8:15, the park opened. Everett and I were at the Fantasy Land entrance waiting for 8:20. Our character attendant, Adam, looked at his watch. "Ok, go on out" he said. I grabbed Everett's hand and we bounced through the door and around Fantasy Land. We immediately gained a huge crowd.

At around 11:37, we had settled at Snow White's wishing well. I spotted Sophia in our line. Then I saw August's little head poke out from in front of her. But, to my dismay, Everett grabbed my hand, and we ran off again. "my sister Sophia and my nephew August are in line" I whispered to Everett. He nodded and we slowed down, along with the crowd following us. We did some more autographs and pictures until August came running up to us. "Why hello there" I said in my British accent. "What's your name?" I asked. "August" August said without hesitation. "Hi there August! I'm Peter Pan!" Everett said energetically. "I know that!" August laughed. "And I'm Wendy, Wendy Moira Angela Darling" I stated. "Now, August, have you seen Captain Hook?" Everett asked. August shook his head. "That's ok" I said. "We'll have to go and find him later" I said. "Sometime, you should come to Neverland with us! You could meet the lost boys!" Everett said energetically. "That's would be awesome!" August grinned. I did my Wendy laugh. "Shall we take a photo?" I asked. "What pose should we do?" Everett asked. "I'll be Captain Hook and you two be yourselves and you fighting me and protecting Wendy" August said, placing us where we needed to go. We obeyed his commands and got ready for the photo. "Well, goodbye August, it was so nice to meet you! Can I get hug?" I said politely, after taking the photo. August came into my arms. But then I heard him whisper: "I know it's you Auntie Lily". This took me off guard as he went to hug Everett. I waved goodbye. Just then, Adam approached us. "It's time for Peter and Wendy to go check to see if the lost boys are out of mischief, but they will be back out at 4:00" Adam yelled to the line. There were lots of sighs as we made our way back to the door.
"You ok?" Everett asked when we closed the door. "No" I admitted. "What's wrong?" he asked. "When August hugged me, he whispered 'I know it's you Auntie Lily'" I explained. "Oh" Everett said, a little taken back. "What should I do?" I asked him. "Nothing, it's fine. That's happened to some of my other friends whose families have come to the parks" he explained. "Ok good" I sighed.