09 | ❝ i'll see you ❞

"shit.." i murmured as i picked up the wallet on the kitchen table.

"mom!" i called as i pulled on my shoes. "jin hyung let his wallet here, i'm going to his place to give it back!"

"okay dear, stay safe." my mom called back.

grabbing the house keys, i stepped out on the porch. the weather was pleasant, so i decided to walk, besides your apartment wasn't that far away and i could use the exercise.

mom had invited you over to try out new recipes - well i had told her too
and i'm glad i did. as i trudged along the footpath, i thought about how happy you looked. how you'd laugh at something mom would say. how your nose scrunched up as you mixed the ingredients. how you had cutely scolded me when i knocked over the bowl in an attempt to help.

it was the first time in weeks i had seen you genuinely smile.

it feel good.

you had rolled up your sleeves when you were handling the ingredients, allowing me to see your bare arms for the first time in months.

you had... scratches? some of them were faded, like scars, some looked new. they went from your wrists up to your elbows.

i asked you about them.

"it's nothing, don't worry." you answered, before quickly rolling your sleeves slightly and reaching for the spices.

when you were about to leave, you enveloped me in a hug. we stayed there for a while too long.

"thank you for today, joon-ah," you said as you finally pulled away. "i had fun."

"me too. i'll see you after the weekend?"

"yeah," you didn't meet my eyes. "sure thing."