Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

'This is amazing.'

The very first thought in Sarojini's mind exiting the airport was very much radiating her excitement. The moment she had taken a step out of the flight, she had been feeling ecstatic. Everything was very surreal. Sarojini immediately headed to the first restroom she could find to straighten her hair and clothes. Covering herself with the dark violet jacket that she had in her handbag, Jenny quickly got out of the restroom, to complete all other formalities of International travels that were waiting for her.

Completing the formalities of verifying her Passport and Visa from the attendants and everything else, she quickly headed to the baggage counters. Retrieving all her luggage, that was not too much to handle right now, as her mom had properly fixed it the day before, Sarojini headed towards the exit of the airport where someone would be waiting for her. Looking at the bags, she felt a pang of sadness as she remembered her mother. She had to call her soon. But all that could wait, Jenny thought as she took a step out of the airport and was greeted by the cool breeze of the streets of London. It sent a chill of excitement down her spine. She decided she liked London even in the middle of the night. Their flight was an extremely odd timed one. As she began to look around the waiting area, she heard someone call her.

"Miss Roy?" she turned around to see a girl of her age waiting with a board in her hand of her name. She had blonde hair, and blue eyes, which matched with her blue dress that she had worn. Now that Sarojini looked closely, the girl did look a little sleep deprived, anybody would be, waiting at the airport for a late flight.

"Are you Sa-ro-jenny Roy?" she asked her again.

"Yes!" Sarojini spoke at once. "I'm Sarojini Roy, it's nice to meet you! I presume you are Sophia?" she had been told that a certain someone called Sophia Pierce was going to come and pick her up from the airport.

"The one and only! Now, follow me, here." Sophia led her to the car parking where they got into her car. Sarojini was thankful for the heat blasting on inside, it was almost leading her to fall asleep.

"If I may ask," Sarojini was brought out of her stupor by Sophia's question, "How was your flight? Su-ro-jenny?"

"Really, really good! Thank you, by the way, it's Sarojini, umm, you can call me Jenny, though"

Sophia sighed in relief. "Thank You! Yes, Jenny, so we wait for two more minutes."

"Why?" Jenny questioned. All she wanted to do was to hurry back to the place where her living arrangements were made and sleep like there was no tomorrow. Jenny rubbed her temples as she leaned on the seat, she was truly going to experience something called Jet-lag for a while, which she hoped she would avoid.

"There is one more student that we had to pick up from the airport. Apparently, two of you have been chosen for the scholarship this year. Thus, my friend Gina is bringing him. Apparently, he wandered off at the food court or something, talked about coffee being life." Sophia explained the reason, yawning a little. But she had to stay awake, she was the designated driver, after all.

"That it is." Jenny answered.

"What? The coffee?" she questioned. "I prefer tea better, you know?"

"Of course," Jenny smiled at her. The English people and their love for the hot beverage fascinated her, but not so much, she had a tea addicted mother at her home too.

They waited for a while in silence and small conversations were made. Sophia, she got to know, was not only there to pick her up from the airport but also, she was going to be her guide and friend for the next three years. The guide part was assigned, the friend part, though, was given by Jenny to Sophia.