Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

'What To Expect :

1. Get acquainted with the fantastical landmarks of Harry Potter's world with this thematic walking tour through London.

2. Meet your guide in Leicester Square, wind through London, and listen to loads of Harry Potter trivia about the filming locations.

3. Stroll through Diagon Alley where Harry purchased all his magical school supplies in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. Then visit the entry to the Leaky Cauldron, the popular wizarding pub.

4. Walk over the Millennium Bridge, the site of Lord Voldemort's brutal muggle attack in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Continue along the Thames River from the Embankment to Tate Modern Museum to view key London sites that inspired J.K. Rowling's tales.

5. Experience the world through the author's eyes as you see elements of muggle London spun into a magical patchwork.

6. Then travel by tube to King's Cross, where you'll visit Platform 9¾. Stand where Harry, Ron, and Hermoine did as they waited for the Hogwarts Express, and pose for a photo with a disappearing luggage trolley.

7. Your tour ends in the afternoon at King's Cross Station.'

Jenny was immersed in reading the details the guide had sent her again and again.

"Whatcha doing?" Sophia watched her roommate hurry up and get ready to go out somewhere. On the other hand, Sophia had decided it was going to be a lazy day for her, the moment she had woken up.

"I'm going on the Harry Potter Tour!!" Jenny was quite unsuccessful in keeping the excitement in her voice to a minimum. She was bouncing in her every step.

"Go ahead, Potterhead," Sophia muttered as she pulled the blanket over her head to sleep once again.

Jenny didn't pay her any heed, she dressed up in her best clothes that included a Harry Potter T-shirt and another knee-length skirt that she had bought with owl prints all over it. With her sports shoes tied tightly, she set out for her destination. She was going alone today, Noah had easily dismissed her calling her a crazy fangirl and then there was Gina, who she wasn't even going to ask to avoid a week long of teasing- a 19-year-old girl fangirling over Harry Potter. Now, she would have defended her fandom but she was not too fond of Gina.

She set out for her almost thirty minutes to walk to the area where she was going to meet the tour guide. It was a weekday, thus not many people would be there, she had thought and she had thought it right.

Half- an- hour later, she was at the specified destination at Leicester Square waiting for the tour leader and there was no crowd. This upturned her stomach. Was the tour canceled or something? She considered messaging the guide to inform him of her arrival but then thought against it. She had reached a good twenty minutes early.

Thus, Jenny decided to grab a burger from the nearest Mcdonald's. Fifteen minutes later, she was at the same spot, her stomach full but she was anxious now as there was nobody else over there, apart from a few people here and there heading their own ways.

"Ummm, Ms. Jenny, is it?" she turned at the voice.

"Yes?" She saw a man about twice her age in a Blue-T-shirt with the 'Wizarding World Welcomes You' logo and his name tag below.

"Mr. Sullivan, the tour guide, Hi! I thought that the tour was canceled or something. Is it? There is no one else in here!" she expressed her concern.

"Well, miss, no easy way to say this, but, unfortunately, the tour is now privately booked and we can't help it right now, the family wants a tour for themselves, thus, I'm afraid that..."

"Wait, but I booked the tour ages ago!" she exclaimed. "The day and time were decided before, weren't they?"

"No, mam, but, these tours are not that pre-decided, so, please, our faculty must have not contacted you, but.."

"I've been kicked out of the tour?" she was a little annoyed.

"No! Mam, not like that, you could come tomorrow, we could put out a whole individual tour for you, we'll do anything, but, I'm afraid, today, you can't come!" He sounded extremely apologetic.

"Really? But my Uni classes start tomorrow and I won't be able to come here until Sunday and Sundays here must be so busy!"

"Well, weekends are, usually..." he started.

"That is what I'm saying! Please take me with you, tell that family I want to come too, Sir, I have paid you, give me back a full refund and compensation." she huffed.

"I'm not sure if that is how this works, a half refund can be managed."

"Not interested, I'm coming with you people then, come on, isn't there anything you can do!" Jenny was feeling extremely agitated. She had set out with a goal of touring so many places but here she was, stuck in this weird mess, for god's sake, she had walked so much to get here. She was going to stick for herself. Not even a full refund? That was beyond what she was going to settle for.

"You reason with them, I don't care. " She made her point clear.

"Excuse me, what is the problem here, Mr. Adam? Let's go?" a girl's voice came from behind them in a hurry.

"Mam, no." Adam started but he was cut off.

"Good, no problem, then off we go! Come on!" the girl urged him.

"No mam, there is another member."

"What member?" the girl came into Jenny's view. She was all black, wearing a black robe that looked particularly normal and a black dress underneath it, long black hair, but some beautiful and soft brown eyes. One arm was hidden behind the cloak and the other one on her waist. She was almost the same age as Jenny and she looked extremely striking.

"I'm sorry, this is a personal tour, you can go home." She spoke to Jenny and dismissed her.

"I have paid, though, and I won't be able to come anymore, my classes are starting and it gets a whole lotta busy on weekends, come on, please." Jenny pleaded to the girl in front of her.

"But..."

"What is the commotion about?" came another voice from behind the wall. They were standing at an intersection. Jenny didn't know who was speaking.

"Look, brother, she is saying she wants to come on our tour." the girl replied to the voice.

"Yes! I do, look, whoever you are, I won't even let you guys know that I'm in there with you or anything and I won't talk or follow you guys anywhere, please!" Jenny requested.

"No!" the girl dismissed Jenny and went back behind the wall turning the corner.

"I'm sorry, miss, I'll see what I can do to help." Adam looked at Jenny's dejected face and took out his phone to contact his company. But before he could do anything else,

"She can come." Jenny looked up to see that the voice belonged to none other than Adrian.

"You?" she questioned.

"She can come if she promises to do what she said before," Adrian spoke to Adam and walked ahead. Jenny shrugged at his weird behavior.

"Okay!" Adam smiled at Jenny.

"Don't question anything and just follow me, I'll take your pictures, don't question them, okay?" the tour guide informed her and began to lead the group.

Jenny was too thrilled to be complaining about anything so she just zipped her mouth and they set out. The smile she had previously returned to her face.