Chapter 25: Waiting Game

Hailey was in Viola's master bedroom putting her expensive red dress on, as the other girls got ready in the lounge room. She stood in front of the long mirror taking one final glimpse over her appearance. The dress molded to her body; every curve was structured to look breath-taking. The satin finish on the gown was her favourite part. Hailey fixed the off-shoulder neckline that confined her breasts. The heels helped Hailey control the small trail and the slit that ran along her leg.

"Are you ready, Hailey?" asked Sakura from behind the door.

"Yeah," she took a deep breath. "All done." Hailey walked out with the gown on once again. Sakura removed the clips from Hailey's styled hair that took an hour, since it was long and thick. Sakura's stylist sprayed hairspray one more time over Hailey's curled hair. Her heavy hair was twisted into a loose chignon, a few tendrils fell free around her face and neck. Sakura put little diamond studs into the weave of curls, so every time her hair hit the light the diamonds blinked. The last task was to put those red satin gloves that ended at her elbows.

"Perfect," stated Sakura. "After a good hour, you two are finally ready."

Viola rose from the chair and looked absolutely stunning. The icy crystal choker around her neck captured everyone's attention. Her gold hair was sleeked back in a low chignon, her regal eyes were sharp and ferocious. The blue gown made her look formidable and presented her like the infamous Centauri she was.

Hailey and Viola joined Azura down at the foyer. The guard wore a dark suit with an open-collared crisp white shirt. Azura fashioned heels that had red soles and silver spikes all over the black leather heels.

"You look killer, Azura," complimented Viola.

"Thanks. You ladies look beautiful too," she said. Azura pulled out her hand from her pocket and looked at her watch with annoyance. "Why aren't they ready yet?"

"It's different in this house," Viola turned to Hailey. "The boys take longer than the girls."

Hailey laughed and waited for everyone to arrive, but time passed and no one showed. She felt a little stuffy standing in the middle of the hectic house. So, she opened the door behind her to take a breather, but then, she was ambushed by River and Ryder who were dressed in matching suits.

"You look stunning, Hailey," said Ryder as he came up to her on the porch.

"Thanks," she smiled bashfully. "You two look very handsome. It's nice to see you two in something other than training gear."

River and Ryder chuckled together, and then, they went inside to see where everyone was because they were getting late. Hailey heard Ryder's whistle that rang through the house to call the rest of the Centauri's- expect Klaus who decided to stay home and skip the party. Hailey returned to the house with the others, when Hunter came down the stairs in an unhurried pace. In a three-piece suit, he looked sophisticated and rich, but that devilish glint in his amber eyes was still as pulsating. Like his brothers, he had raked back his dark and thick hair. The sharp contours of his face were prominent and made him more wickedly handsome.

"Let's get going," said Vincent as he appeared in a dark burgundy suit.

"We were waiting on you, remember?" remarked Viola.

Vincent walked out the door. "Now, we're waiting on you," he snickered as they all went to the underground sector of the property.

Hunter promptly made his way next to Hailey's side. His arm circled around her waist without hesitation and he tucked her close to him. "You look stunning," he said softly as they deliberately put distance between them and the group.