Chapter 29: Haunting Dreams

A week passed after the incident at the party at the Bacardi residence. Hailey didn't know what Gabriel or Hunter were planning to handle the Lucas Waldorf. But since then, the security around the pack territory had doubled, cameras were installed everywhere and even though Gabriel hid it expertly, Hailey could see the tension in his golden eyes.

"Ms. Swan," Hailey was pulled out of her thoughts by her students. She didn't get any time to worry over others for the rest of the day.

At the end of a hectic day at the Institute, Hailey grabbed her purse and locked up her classroom for tomorrow. The sun was swimming just above the horizon peeking with its blinding her with golden beams. She pushed her hair behind her, when she exited through the double doors, and like always, her mate was waiting for her at the bottom of the steps. A smile crept up her lips. Since the beginning Hunter has always come for her at the end of her day. He would patiently wait to be with her again, even after he'd drop her off in the morning too.

"Did you wait long?" She asked as she joined him.

Hunter laced his hand in hers. "No," he said. "I just came myself."

"How was your day?" Hailey stepped closer to him, wanting his scent and warmth surround her.

"It was fine," he said. "But-" he looked down to her- "it's much better now."

Hailey blushed. "My day was pretty hectic as well," she told him. "But it all feels like a faint memory when I meet up with you again."

His hand brushed her cheek. "Are you hungry?" He asked.

"I am but I don't feel like cooking at all," she confessed with her head slung low. "Maybe we should go out for dinner?" Suggested Hailey. She knew that both of them were quite tired from the long day. So, it would be a nice change to head out and eat at a restaurant. "It'll be a date," she told him.

Hunter's amber eyes brightened. "Let's go," he said eagerly.

Hailey chuckled as he led her towards his car. They hit the road and reached a pizzeria named La Famiglia Pizza, which Hailey absolutely adored the name. The restaurant was spacious with lots of round tables scattered evenly. The lights were dim, since it had darkened outside. Each table had been covered with a red and white checkered table cloth with a couple of white candles. A waitress took them to a table and memorized their hefty order.

Two hot trays of pizza that was fresh out of the oven arrived at their table. Hailey and Hunter both watched the waitress cut through the cheesy pizza in front of them. They hadn't even noticed that they both had grown quiet. Hailey grabbed a cheesy, meaty slice and moaned at the first bite that just hit different. The jalapeño added that last punch to the saucy goodness, that was seasoned to perfection.

"This some good pizza," said Hailey as she found herself on her third slice. "We should take some for everyone."

"I was thinking that too," said Hunter as he pulled out his cell and phoned Klaus. He got the orders to the pizza everyone wanted at home. Hailey laughed when she heard the orders for five extra-large pizzas. She wondered where those guys were going to put all that food. But she completely understood their hunger for pizza.

After they paid and ordered the five boxes. The waitress told them that it was going to take them a half an hour to complete the order. Hunter was about to cancel some of the boxes, but Hailey knew that if they didn't take five boxes, everyone was going to still be hungry.

"We'll wait," she told the waitress.

"Okay, then," the waitress smiled and handed them the receipt. "Your order will be done in thirty minutes. You're welcomed to wait here."