If That's Not Love

If That's Not Love-

Chapter 1

THIRD PERSON POV-

2002

Kris walked over along the sidewalk of the busy New York street. It's true, her house was on one of NYC's busiest street, but still , it was fun to live there.

Kristina Sofia Alvarez was 8 years old, living in New York City.She had a fine family, and older sister named Lisa, and a mother and father.She was rather... different than other girls.She didn't think boys had cooties.She just thought some of them were weird.Kris really didn't get along with other girls, she liked other things that they didn't.

She walked over to her friends Nat and Alex's house.

They were the only boys who treated her as if she didn't have cooties.They were nice boys. Alex was 5 and Nat was 8, and Nat was in her same school.

Kris rang the bell on the fancy house of the two brothers,when suddenly Nat opened the door.

"GO AWAY!" he shouted "YOU HAVE COOTIES!"

She was shocked.She thought Nat was different.

"B-but I d-don't..." She squeaked softly

"YEAH YOU DO!" he screamed "NOW GO AWAY!"

Kris ran to her house crying. Nat was her best friend. They had always been. What happened?

THE NEXT DAY...

Kris heard a knock at her door. Before she could answer it,her mom went over to the door and opened.

"Hello Natalia!" She could hear a voice say. But she knew that voice,it was Mr.Wolff, Nat's dad.

"Why hello Michael! And hello to you too Nat!" Her mother called.

Then Kris heard whispering, but she couldn't quite place what they were saying.

"Kristina!" Her mother shouted. "Ven aqui ahora mismo!"

Uh-oh, when Kris' mother called her in spanish, she knew it was bad.

She walked over to the door and saw Nat ,Mr.Wolff and Alex hiding behind his dad.

"Nat," Mr. Wolff told him. "Is there something you'd like to say to Kris?"

"I'm sorry I screamed at you and saying you had cooties." Nat said looking at the ground.

"Apology accepted." Kris said to him. Nat looked at her and smiled. "You guys wanna come in and play?" She asked Nat and Alex.

"Sure!" the brothers screamed.

And they ran into the house to play.

FLASHBACK 2008

"Wolfie!" I screamed as I hugged my best friend.

"Krazi!" He shouted

"You've changed!" I told Nat.

"You have too!You have braces, and glasses!"

I looked at the ground when he said that. I hated my glasses and braces, they made me look ugly.

"And hey, you have curlier hair now too!" I told him

"Oh yeah, it's really annoying though, it just like ...stays there."

I laughed.

"So what are we gonna do?" He asked me

"Just like the old times, make sundaes,watch a movie and maybe even play a song or two in the piano in between that."