Chapter Four

Let It Burn-Chapter Four

Dan laid in his bed staring up at the ceiling. The years dawning on him as the memories sank in. He played the song that held the memories inside. The song started up and Dan closed his eyes smiling at the simpler of times. 

"Everybody's looking for love, oh, oh

Ain't that the reason you're at this club, oh, oh

You ain't gonna find it dancing with him, no, no

I got a better solution for you girl, oh, oh" 

The lights were intense and darkened as Dan made his way through the bar. He had come with a friend who wanted to celebrate their birthday there. Dan was opposed to the idea but still went. He hated the bodies that grinded on him as he slipped through couples. He tried to keep up with his already tipsy friend but fell behind when someone caught his sober eyes. The male sensed Dan staring and turned around quickly striding over to introduce himself. "Hi." His breath was fresh like mint and Dan smiled "uh hi" he took in the male's looks. Their eyes and electric blue and hair so dark it hid their darkest fears. "I'm Phil" the boy smiled holding out his hand. Dan nodded "Dan." He spoke loudly over the music. "Would you like to go somewhere more quiet?" He shouted making Dan nod. 

"Just leave with me now, say the word and we'll go.

I'll be your teacher, I'll show you the ropes.

You'll see a side of love you've never known.

I can see it going down, going down." 

The music was a blur as Phil led Dan out of the bar and out into the fresh air. Dan was sober but as he saw Phil's appearance he felt something come over him. His eyes sparkled light golden, bright fireworks and his lips met Phil's soft one's. "Dan what-" Phil's words muffled under Dan's rough kiss. "Should we go?" Phil asked with a giggle. Dan nodded as the two left together.

"In my head, I see you all over me.

In my head, you fulfill my fantasy.

In my head, you'll be screaming out.

In my head, it's going down.

In my head." 

Dan woke up next to Phil that day both smiling at each other. "Last night." Dan nodded "yeah" he spoke as a smile crept on his face. 

Dan opened his eyes to be met with the dark room. His dark room. The memories thick in the air making him sigh. It would never be the same and it made him frown. His eyes dulled and his heart crinkled like a person carelessly throwing a plastic bag. He closed his tired eyes as another song played. 

"I thought I saw the devil

This morning

Looking in the mirror, drop of rum on my tongue

With the warning

To help me see myself clearer

I never meant to start a fire

I never meant to make you bleed

I'll be a better man today" 

Dan turned to Phil their laughter fogging up their already tipsy minds as they lifted the bottle to their lips. The taste was bitter but didn't last as it slipped down their throats. They laughed about nothing in particular as they spilled their secrets. Their giggles fell to low arguments as they bickered about whatever came to mind. This was just one fight, surely they could get over it. 

"I'll be good, I'll be good

And I'll love the world, like I should

Yeah, I'll be good, I'll be good

For all of the time

That I never could" 

Dan dried his tears caused by the fight as he glanced at Phil. "I'm sorry" they both replied in unison. They clung to each other as if they would blow away if they left one another. Dan awoke to his tear filled eyes and clearer memory.

Song: I'll be good Jaymes Young
Song: In my head Jason Derulo