𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘰𝘯𝘦

╔────── ・ 。゚*.☽ .* :☆゚.──────╗
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
GIRLS LIKE GIRLS
[HALEY KIYOKO]

╚────── ・ 。゚*.☽ .* :☆゚.──────╝

UNEDITED

UNEDITED

"And then we were right outside like this." JJ began, pacing the front porch as the group sat. Nova and Kie were cuddling each other in the chair, Nova on her lap with their legs tangled. The other boys watching JJ try to explain what went down at the stoner house.

"And then all we hear is just, 'Bam! Bam! Bam!' Knocking paint off the wall, G! From the inside. All right? And I'm just looking at him, like..." The blonde stopped for a second, lowering his head and shaking it, flakes of what we hoped was paint coming off of his scalp.

"That's dandruff, disgusting." Kie muttered, Nova humming at her to stay still as the brunette twin was braiding a little braid in the front of her hair, she wanted them to match.

"Okay thank you." Pope said, trying to get JJ to stop shedding all over the group.

"Look at all that. All right? That's paint. At that point, I was just, like... I'm waiting for death." He finished, his hair all disheveled from his hands.

Nova began to sit up, her brain forcing her to fix it, she didn't like when it stuck up. But Kie protested jokingly, gripping her tighter, "I'm just gonna go fix this idiot's hair mmk?" She reassured her, planting a kiss on her cheek as she sat up.

She sat JJ down on the couch, spreading his knees apart so she could stand between them, fixing his hair as Pope began to speak,

"Oh, okay, so you saw the guys that shot at us, right?"

"Yeah." The blonde answered, Nova watching through her eyelashes as he tried to think.

"Did you get a good description of them?" Pope asked him, his tone annoyed, sharp, "What did they look like?"

"Anything?" Kiara persisted, Nova sitting on the arm of the couch, fishing around her pocket for a puff, God she swore she had it.

When she felt it she quickly pulled it out, lychee ice, the superior flavor. She hit it quickly, her body melting in relaxation, watching JJ stutter out, "Burly."

She fell back into the couch with a laugh, off of the arm and onto JJ, it wasn't even that funny but she was still kind of high, and the anticlimactic answer was enough to make her giggle sober.

"Burly?" Pope repeated, the serious draining from his face as he listened to the blondes answer.

Nova watched and doubled over as the conversation continued, practically crying from laughter in JJ's lap, the boy looking down at her confused.

When she stopped laughing she heard JJ speak again, she settled herself into his lap, leaning onto his shoulder, her back pressed into his chest.

"These boys, these killers... they're square groupers." JJ answered as he reached for Nova's puff, the girl frowning and shaking her head.

This was the last free one she got from Carter, she needed to savor it for all it was worth.

"They're square groupers, like narco square groupers?" Pope asked, watching with his head in his hands as Nova and JJ were pulled apart from the conversation, Nova blowing smoke in his face and sticking her tongue out at the boy, mocking him since he wasn't able to grab it.

He laughed when she did this, grabbing her head from the back and shoving it into the crook of his neck sarcastically, shaking his head and letting a chuckle rumble from him.

"Guys." Pope repeated himself, catching the two's attention.

"Yeah man." JJ repeated, trying, and failing, again, at his effort to steal a hit from Nova.

Kiara spoke up from the side, "You guys, not everything is a kingpin movie." She mumbled to the group.

Nova sat up from JJ's lap, returning to her friend with a huff, Kiara welcoming her with a cheeky peck on the lips. They shared a giggle as they watched the boys both of their heads dropping in annoyance. JJ and Pope wanted to be kissing Nova and Kiara, probably hurt to watch.

Or maybe it was I don't know straight men love using wlw for their entertainment.

If you don't kiss the girls you're not besties. Nova and Kiara were about as close as they came. She remembers when Kiara taught her how to french kiss in the 9th grade so Nova could impress some guy on her first date, and if it wasn't awkward kissing Kiara with tongue, it wasn't awkward for a greeting kiss now either. The girls would literally murder people for eachother, no regret either.

"What does this square grouper look like?" Pope asked towards JJ with a huff, a glare present on his face.

"Dude you weren't there!" JJ yelled, standing up, pacing again, his face red.

"God because apparently you don't know what to look for!" Pope countered, the twins and Kiara watching with their mouths agape. It was hard not to laugh honestly.

"Dude!" JJ cut him off, "I wasn't taking little mental Polaroids the entire time, man. I was under duress okay?" His voice cracked at the end.

The blonde looked over to see Nova and Kiara hiding their faces in the collars of their shirts, stifling giggles over the ordeal.

He shot them a glare, Nova tossed him her puff in sympathy, still allowing herself to giggling quietly with Kiara.

"But I can tell you..." The boy said, stopping to take a hit of Nova's precious Lychee Ice, "I can tell you by the way Ms. Lana was screaming..." God and another, "These guys are serious, serious hombres, man."

"When he's bilingual." Nova giggled out, Kiara slapping her on the back of the head lightly but still laughing nonetheless.

"It's a heavy vibe right now, okay?" He stuttered, "I'm not liking this very much."

"Why do they even want the compass?" Kiara asked. The two girls sadly being brought back to reality.

Nova frequently found herself hiding in the humor of a situation. Trauma was easiest to handle that way. It was one of her many ways of combating her overactive mind, when the thoughts spun too much for one night, she took a shot and laughed at them.

"It's a piece of shit." Pope added, "You couldn't pawn it off for five bucks if you wanted to."

Nova mumbled quickly under her breath, "It's my dad's piece of shit."

John B spoke up quickly, breaking his 20 minute silence to say 2 words with no meaning,

"The office."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

k so i struggle to write
sometimes bc i'm seriously
just tired all the time idk
maybe it's the stoner in me.
anyway have a good night,
be bi, and call out racists <3

love you,
rowan <3