3| Rainbow

A week later

"Dad, tell mom no, I don't want to go back to school," I said aggravated.

"Honey..." Dad started looking at mom with a smile.

"Min Yoongi," She replied crossing her arms.

Yep he's lost this one

"Princess I tried," He said looking into my eyes.

"Come on Rhee, I really want you to graduate with Chung-Hee and your friends, homeschooling won't do you any good. Now more than ever you need to work on your people skills." Mom said taking me into her arms.

"Okay, I understand," I replied knowing fighting with my mom got me no-where.

"You are really famous for your work now," Dad said to me looking at my unfinished dresses.

"It's because mom lets me do the under 20's fashion lines," I replied.

"I still can't believe she lets you do things like that, but won't let me touch her fabrics." He said looking at mom.

"Oh please, you can't even tell the difference between cobalt and indigo," She huffed turning around leaving my room.

"Because in the end, it's still blue," He sighed running after her.

I laughed, as they left my study still arguing. 

Back to highschool, I guess

Hwa-young ran in with Ae-cha, "Unnie," They said with big eyes, "Mom said everyone is coming over for a big sleepover at our house because tomorrow is our party."

"To think I'm the last to know," I laughed awkwardly.

"Everyone is going to be so happy to see you," Ae-cha smiled.

"No-one will ever be as happy to see me like you two," I smiled giving them a hug.

"Oppa says you're an ice-queen, but he's so wrong you're a warm teddy bear," Ae-cha said looking at me.

"It's just because my sister doesn't like your brother," Hwa-young replied bluntly.

"Yeah because they have other strong feelings," Ae-cha giggled, and Hwa-young joined her before they ran away.

Theese girls

I called Chung-Hee and told him about everything knowing he would relay the information to Jae-boem and Eun-Jung.  A few hours later, everyone was inside my house having a blast talking and laughing away while I sat on the outside and observed.

Like the outsider I am

That was before Aunt Irene came and sat next to me, "I really missed you, Rhee," She smiled.

"I missed you too auntie a year is too much time," I replied.

"You ever going to tell everyone why you went away?" She said looking around the room.

No, because they'll never look at me the same

"Unnie," Min-Sun ran and hid behind me. "My cousin will not let you hit me," I looked at Uncle Jungkook for help and he just smiled and shrugged.

"She's my cousin too though," Beak-Hyeon replied. I looked at Aunt Lisa for help, but she just shrugged. 

What is it with my family and shrugging.

"She likes me more though," Min-Sun taunted.

"I'll let you think what you want, but this doesn't change the fact you lost the bet." He replied. "I'm not even going to hit you hard. Just a small flick on your forehead,"

"Beak-Hyeon, just flick me instead," I said bringing my head down.

"I don't want to," He replied. "I'll just let her off noona," He smiled.

"Really?" She asked coming out from behind me and towards him.

He then flicked her on her head, "Nope," He smiled.

I looked to my side, and Aunt Irene was gone she never was a fan of a lot of noise. Taking a deep breath, Mi-cha sat on my lap, "My unnie is a sore loser," She said shaking her head.

"And my brother is too mean," Dae-Jung replied sitting next to me. "Anyway, noona we missed you, everyone is too loud."

"Yes, they are, but unnie you used to be a bit louder," Mi-cha added.

"Can't believe I'll be seeing them in school, can't believe they're in high school already," I said looking at Min-Sun and Beak-Hyeon.

"Unnie you're going back to school," Dae-Jung said happily, and loud enough that everyone looked at him as his face flushed red.

I couldn't help but let out a small chuckle, "Yes I am,"

For the first time that night, I left happy. I felt at ease.

Slowly, everyone returned to their conversations. "We'll be in high school next year," Dae-Jung said with a smile.

"Such a shame you guys are only 14. Should I get held back just to see you in your first year and take care of you," I joked.

"No, unnie," Min-cha laughed, "Unnie and oppa will do that," She said looking at Min-Sun and Beak-Hyeon, who were currently having a competition, seeing who could do a handstand for the longest.

"Maybe we'll take care of them," Dae-Jung said in a low tone. 

"Yes please do," I replied.

Mi-cha suddenly got off my lap and got all her unnie's and oppa's until they all formed a circle around me. "We missed you unnie," Min-Sun said as Jae-boem handed her something.

"When we found out you were back and staying for good we all came together to get you something,"  Beak-Hyeon smiled happily.

"It was so hard to pick out what you like because even before you left we didn't know what you like," Dae-Jung added looking at me sadly.

I don't even know me that well

"So we thought of many things you like fabrics and needles, but we thought you'll have lots of those already," Mi-cha said giving me a hug.

"So we all went to the store together looking for something for you together," Ae-cha said joining the hug.

"We couldn't find anything, special enough," Hwaa-young said before joining the hug.

"Then, Ae-cha and Hwa-young then began to cry," Chung-Hee smiled.

"And when we tried to calm them down, a phrase you said to all of us at least once came to us," Eun-Jung said joining the hug before they all let go.

"A rainbow is beautiful. It comes when there is sun and rain, a lot like life. In the end, there is always treasure. You just have to follow through on the sunny and rainy days to find it." Jae-boem said looking deep into my eyes.

"So we got you a rainbow necklace." Min-Sun smiled she opened the box revelling the rainbow necklace before giving it to Jae-boem who's eyes never left mine. 

"Put it on her," Eun-Jung pushed him towards me. Hesitantly, I lifted my hair as he places the necklace around my neck.

I just stared at the necklace feeling a mix of emotions, before a tear slid down my cheek followed by another. "It's beautiful," I smiled.

I can't remember the last time I cried tears of joy

"We mad unnie cry," Hwa-young said giving me a hug. Before, Jae-boem took out a handkerchief and wiped my tears away before cupping my face.

"Take your own advice, find your treasure."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You were the shadow to my light
Did you feel us?
Another start
You fade away
Afraid our aim is out of sight
Wanna see us
Alive

Please vote and leave a comment

-Lb xx