Chapter 10

SECRETS

For three months Gulf  just stayed at home. Just spending most of his time crying, sleeping and drinking. No one can stop him not even Techno, until Techno burst out.

'Gulf, it's been three months you're always like that. Do you really want to die? If that's what you want why don't you just jump out from this building then? I'm doing everything I can to save you while you are killing yourself slowly. For what? ha?'

'Techno please, just this week. I just want to feel the pain until there's no more. Promise, I'll make myself better after this'

'Gulf, I understand. I'll let you do whatever you want to do but promise me that once you'll stop this, you'll be stronger. Tell me if i can do anything to help you' 

'Can you find Tharn's ashes? I want to see him for the last time Sky, please'

'okay. Dress up, we'll go there'

'This is the columbarium  Gulf, let's go!'

'Tharn, how are you? I miss you. I miss you so much. I always wanted to be with you. I'm still longing for your warm hugs and kisses. I wanted to feel your arms wrapped around me for the last time. I'm sorry if I wasn't there to see you and hug you for the last time, I'm so sorry for being weak. My life wasn't easy without you maybe because i couldn't accept to myself that you're gone. That i wasn't able to help you. maybe because I blame myself for losing you or maybe because of the what if's I have, Like what if we weren't together that time? Your father would definitely help you, you wouldn't have to keep it a secret and for sure you'll get the chemo without worrying about money. You wouldn't have to suffer a lot. Even if I know how much you hate to see me like this, I still can't stop myself. Everyday I wanted to see you, to touch you. I miss everything about you, the taste of the food you cooked for me. The late night talks we had. The times when you hugged me so tight after you work hard. The moments I caught you staring at me in the morning. The way you pout whenever I forget to give you kisses both morning and night. Every time I remember those old but gold times we had I feel so happy but from the very moment I realize that those will only remain as memories I'm hurt so bad. The pain is unbearable. How can I forget someone who loved me for who and what I am? Someone who's willing to sacrifice everything for me? You even left your family for me and stopped doing the things you like the most for me? Tell me how babe! Please, babe, help me, help me get over you. I promise I'll do my best not to cry because of you again. I'll do my best to move on. I know it won't be easy but I just want you to help me and give me more time before I can finally get over from you'

Techno who's listening every word Gulf utters feels guilty. He's keeping secrets from Gulf. Gulf never open up to him about what he feels and every time he sees Gulf crying without saying a word makes him frustrated and feel so useless. There are even times when he just wanted to beg Gulf to tell all his thoughts and doubts to him but even if he do so, it's still useless. Now, He finally found out the reason behind all these things. Maybe it's time. 

When they reached home, He can see how tired Gulf is. Gulf is about to get some wine again but he stop him. 'Gulf, don't. You don't have to. Go to your room. I have to give you something. Wait for me in your room'

Gulf is just sitting in his room table waiting for Techno. When Techno arrives, he saw something in Techno's hand.

'Here Gulf, that is for you. That's from Tharn. I've been keeping that for a long time because I thought you weren't ready for this. That is a video but before you watch that, tell me everything you have in mind. Ask me every questions you have.'

'I've been wanting to ask you this since this morning, how do you know where tharn's ash is? You knew it since when? How do you know everything I do even if you're out of the country? why are you treating me like this? if you're worried about me then why you're giving me my freedom?'

'I knew it three years ago, I've been meaning to tell you about it but I know you aren't ready yet. You have a secret body guard and I'm also the one who hired Jane for you. Yes, i'm worried about you but i don't want to take your freedom away from you. I always want you to be happy, i want to see the genuine smiles you used to have again. I'm treating you like this for some reasons. First, I made a promise to Tharn, I promised that I'll take care of you. Second, I love you Type, you're the only one I have, remember when I told you that we're going to use sky as an endearment? that is because you're like a sky to me. You did everything for me way back then, you gave me a light of hope. When everyone left me, you were the only one who stayed even if you were more broken than I am way back then, You even stopped drinking the moment you saw me crying. You may not be aware of this but you protected me Gulf and I wanted to protect you too. You're the only family I have, we might not be related by blood but you showed me what family is. And yeah, I know that I'm the only one you have so that's why I'm giving you everything.'

'thank you, I admit, i feel like you can't trust me enough that's why you're keeping these things to me but I know you were worried so I understand'

'So, no more questions?'

'there's one last. Do you still have secrets out there? if you have, tell me now. You know how I hate secrets and if you'll not tell me. Then, I don't know who to trust anymore' 

'This is the only thing left. It's about our company. Remember, Cloud? the one who helped us when we were on the street. He's our business partner. Way back high school, I came out to Tharn that I like men, he accepted me. He knows how my father would react if he'll find out. So, we agreed to save money together as preparation in case my father finds out and kick me out of the family. until Tharn went to the US and study there for two years. He met Cloud there, Cloud's family is rich and He's the only heir so we decided to invest in his company.  Years passed, Tharn came back here because he wants to pursue music but his father didn't like his decision. His father didn't support him in his studies so he work in the band to earn money but we continued investing in Cloud's company'

'if that's the case, then why? why he didn't go to US and receive treatment there?'

' he found out about his disease, it's already stage 3 and then the scandal you two had came out,and that's also one of the reasons why he quit in the entertainment industry. When he went to the US for two weeks, he went there for treatment not to avoid the scandal. Unfortunately, it's too late and he didn't want to spend all his money for treatment as he knows there's no more hope. He went back here and pretended to work hard for your future but the truth is, he's just staying at the condo which we buy in case of emergency.' 

 'watch that when you're ready, if you need me just call me. I know it's not easy to digest all the things I said but this is the only way I know to help you'

'i want to watch this now, i  want to watch this for me to find the answers I've been looking for but i'm too tired now. i just want to rest. Can you stay beside me tonight?'

'Sure, i'm glad to do that'

They lay on the bed and Gulf feels better now.

'Sky?'

'Hmm?'

'Thank you, thank you for everything'

'You're welcome and will always be'

'Sky?'

'hmm?'

'why don't you find yourself a lover?'

'nahh, i'm too busy for that'

'busy for what? for taking care of me? I want you to be happy sky as much as you want me to'

'nahh, i'm too afraid to love again, it's so painful you know?'

'tssskk coward'

'yes i am'

They just talk about random things until they fell asleep.

P.S. next chapter would be a little painful, so prepare some tissue guys. It will be about Tharn and Gulf's love story. 

Yours truly,

indayellie