Planet Groove on BET; Part One

Static
Wassup, wassup! And welcome to Planet Groove— the dopest show on the block, ya dig, for all the hottest music in the world right on ya TV. For those of you who don't know who I am, my name is Static. Y'all might know me from the new group Playa and from Da Bassment. Yeahhh, that singing dude is me. Speaking of, I got some special guests comin' through to chill wit ya boy. So don't touch that remote, aight? In the meantime, preciate y'all for kickin' it with us for the next few hours as we countdown our top 20 favorite videos. Yessir, you heard that right, our top 20 favorite videos. It's gon be some fire! So y'all gon 'head and stay tuned and see what's in store on this lovely Friday night.

But enough of that. I know y'all tired of hearing me talk, cause I'm tired of hearing myself talk, haha. We gon get right into the Number 20 video. This Long Beach rapper set the game on fire when he dropped this— had all the parties jumpin', right. The song went Number 8 on the US Billboard Hot 100 in 1994, giving him his second Gold record. Here's Snoop Doggy Dogg with Gin & Juice'.

Static
Wassup and welcome back. That was Snoop Doggy Dogg with 'Gin & Juice'. Damn, I wish I had some gin and juice with me right now. Ha, but anyway. That video was directed by none other than Dr. Dre, along with Calvin Caday and Anita Sisaath. And shoutout to Snoop— he out here doin' his thing with No Limit, keepin' this rap game on lock, ya dig. Proud of ya.

Before we get into the next video, I got somebody to introduce to y'all— somebody the ladies used to love. Ya know, cause they love me now, aha. But, this man right here has taught me everything I need to know about the music industry. Not only does he have his own career with his group and as a producer to keep him busy, but he steady making sure we all good within the crew. And for that, he deserves all the love. Y'all help me welcome the one and only DeVanté Swing from Jodeci.

⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

DeVanté
Wassup, wassup? What's goin' on everybody. Tony, I see you back there. Wassup!

Static
Boss Playa, what's goin' on wit ya? How you livin', bruh?

DeVanté
I'm chillin, man. Just staying home, workin. You know me.

Static
Yeahhh, I feel you on that. What you been workin on?

DeVanté
I been workin on stuff for Da Bassment. We got a few albums being released soon, got some new people joining Swing Mob. Uh, what else.. I been workin with other artists too. But, you know all this. You be right there wit me, fool.

Static
But, the people gotta know, bruh. That's why I'm askin.

⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Static
But that's wassup. Big things in store Da Bassment. Y'all be on the look out for allat. But right now, I wanna acknowledge sumn right quick— sumn that's near and dear to me and my people back home in Louisville. Us, as a community still got a job to do, y'all. The same people that have a job to "protect" us killed a beautiful person in Breonna Taylor, for no reason, and they still out there. So, we gotta do our part in bringing justice for her and her family cause we all we got, man. There's a few things we can do: call up Mayor Greg Fischer's office, and I mean blow up his phone. I'll even pay ya phone bill if I got to. Take a lil further and hit up the Attorney General, Daniel Cameron. He might be in the sunken place but I'm hoping he can see right from wrong. Every single one of these dudes needs to be held accountable and we 'gon make sure that happen. And please, don't forget to sign the petitions dedicated to Breonna. Everything is appreciated. To find out more information, go to my Instagram page and click the links in my bio. You can also go to BET.com. Aight?