The birthday surprise

Finally I thought as I woke up. It was finally June 16, my twenty first birthday! I had waited for this day since I finished high school and it was finally here. Yes I know it's weird for a twenty year old to still be living at home but I go to the community college here so I had no reason to leave plus I would miss my family a lot. I got up and got in the shower. I took a long hot shower letting myself forget about the world for just a moment. Then I got out and went into my room to look for the perfect outfit. I practically tore my closet down searching for my outfit. I had a walk in closet full of clothes and I couldn't find one perfect outfit! Then I noticed a bag way in the corner. I hadn't been shopping lately so that must have been from a while ago. I picked it up and inside I found exactly what I was looking for.............. The perfect outfit! It was a jean button up shirt with a white petal flowing short skirt. It had a brown belt with little strings. It was perfect, not to fancy but not too informal. Just right. I put it on and applied some makeup in earthy tones. Then I came down stairs to the smell of chocolate chip pancakes, eggs and bacon. My favorite breakfast. When I got down I saw a huge poster that said HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERICA!!!!!! Behind it was my family, my two brothers Jadon and Kendall, my sister Elizabeth (Lizzy) and my mom and dad. They were all standing under the poster with a cake that said, Don't Grow Up Too Fast. Typical mom. She always did things like that like last year she wrote Don't stuff frosting up your nose on Jadon's cake. We still haven't stopped teasing him about that. And this other time she wrote Dont lick the frosting on Lizzy's cake because Lizzy always licks the frosting, soooo, ya mom can be pretty weird sometimes, but I guess that's where we get it from. The weirdest thing is that mom is a lawyer. Ya I know totally unxpected. My dad is the seriousone yet he's a preschool teacher. My family is well.......weird in its own special way. Anyways back to my "party", I guess you could call it that. I was so surprised. Well sort of, I knew they would do something special and extravagant but what surprised me the most was that it didn't get out of hand like all my other "parties". It was normal. Then they started singing happy birthday and when they were done we all sat down to eat. I felt something weird going on and I was gonna find out what it was. Everyone was pretty quiet throughout breakfast and it was starting to get on my nerves. It was never this quiet at home, something really strange was going on. Finally I got tired of waiting for someone to say something so I had to be the one to break the silence. "Ok what's going on?" 

"Nothing why do you say" My mom asked

"Something is going on, I feel it." 

"Nope nothing is going on, right honey." my mom said looking at my dad

"Yup nothing weird going on here" said my dad said. Then Lizzy started giggling and then Jadon and Kendall started laughing with her. Then all five of them burst into laughter. "What's so funny?" 

"You...your...face" Jadon managed to say through laughs. 

"What's wrong with my face?" I asked suddenly worried my makeup had smeared or something. 

"You just look so confused." 

"Well I am confused" I snapped back at him. 

"Ok, ok fine we'll tell you."  Jadon said wipping tears from crying so hard.

"Tell me what!" I was seriously getting annoyed now. 

"Well if you listened you would know what it was." 

"Ok I'll listen." I said surrendering. 

"Well........" mom started 

"We thought that you would be moving out soon so..." 

"You're kicking me out!?!" I interrupted starting to panic. 

"I'm not done yet" dad said and I quickly shut up. "Ok so as I was saying we think you're going to be moving out pretty soon soooooo........... We bought you a penthouse in Paris!!!!!!" 

"OMG!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!! "Seriously?!?!?!?" 

"Yup and you'll be living there by winter." My mom said smiling. Then I quickly ran up and hugged all of them.

"Oh my gosh I have to start packing and getting ready and I have to figure out what I'm going to take and I need to call Stacey and tell her the good news" 

"Wow slow down you still have a few months to get ready for now just relax and have fun on your birthday." My mom said interrupting my crazy to do list. 

"Ok I guess you're right." after that we all enjoyed the rest of the day in peace but I couldn't help but think of Paris. I loved my family and my home but I could feel that this was going to be the start of a new adventure.

€€€€€€€€€€€€€Author's Note€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ 

So did you like it, I know I did. Tell me what you liked or why or just something you would like to say feel free to say it. Hope you liked it. Vote and comment. :D oh and the picture on the side is Erica's birthday outfit.

Until next chapter---------- VICKY :)