Chapter 2

Maine

"My boys are going to be eighteen  in two days". Oh my gosh I feel so guilty... I cried my eyes out.

"If..if..if I had gotten a g..g.. glimpse of the future and seen we would be this rich, heaven knows I would have fought circumstances to have my baby Tyler with me today. I literally am the worst mum ever".

I heard footsteps and didn't even turn around.

I walked in to see Ashley crying again. Lost in her train of thoughts while looking at the picture I took of her and the boys when they were newly born.

It's everything we have ever done since that night. It's everything she has been doing.. crying two days to the boys birthday is a habit that has stuck to her.
Seeing her like this all the time makes me blame myself for letting Ashley convince me. But what could I do.
It was either we lose the train tickets to Maine I worked so hard for or be left without a roof on our head in Minnesota.

~~~~~~~~~
Ashley's parents were of high class and rich but they didn't approve of our relationship. Why?
I was an orphan and lived in an orphanage home. My mum was raped and she died while she gave birth to me. Growing up in the orphanage wasn't exactly the kind of childhood were you could get much love but it sure was something. I always loved to draw and was one of the brightest student. Not many kids in the orphanage home had the privilege to get into College but I did. I was on a scholarship by Mr George Morgan. Yes Ashley's father and boy that man is a Disciplinary. Always about principles.

He wasn't supportive of Ashley's relationship and I.
I had written my final but Ashley couldn't. I was a year ahead of her.

Mr Morgan did all he could to hinder our love but all his plans were futile. He disowned Ashley when he learnt of her being pregnant for me and forbade anyone from helping us.

I was able to get us a house to live in till she gave birth and I started my arrangements of living Minnesota for a better life for my Ashley and our little baby only I didn't know it was going to be little 'babies'

I was offered a job as a 24 hours waiter with a house before we got to Maine. One of my pals in college made it possible.

My story to success began thus.
It all happened so fast. A high class business man stopped by for a late lunch and saw a drawing I hadn't completed. He fell in love with it instantly and handed a over his business card to come by his office on Monday. Turns out he was the CEO

I was offered the job as an architect and was sent to go for a job training for a year in London. The job offer came with a car and we were able to buy a house of our own. Ashley was able to complete her education and is a Real Estate Manager.

Well you see we aren't living the kind of life we lived in Minnesota while I basically. You should trust Ashley to rub off on her Dad when we had this life.
                                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ashley Ashley!!!" 

"Huh" she sniffed and answered. "Hi Recce, how was work today?"

"Ashley, I know you're still upset about leaving baby Tyler behind but if you don't stop crying you are going to be sick and would probably lie to Ted when he sees that picture you are holding. And boy can that child see through your lies". I joked trying to make her laugh a little.