chapter 3

Hey guys I'm sorry for the late update.. I had a different vision and made some changes in this chapter.. And I guess I won't be keeping to days again but you would be getting updates regularly. Thank you for staying with me. I love you all❤️⊂(◉‿◉)つᕙ(  • ‿ •  )ᕗ

"Hello my child"

"Mum. Mum what are we doing here? Where is this place? Where are you?" I questioned.

This isn't any place like home neither is it a familiar place but why do I feel strong and at peace here. I turned around to take in my surroundings. It was a huge castle. A palace shining white with diamonds. The gates were made with gold and carvings of wolf howling on the gate. The ground was tiled with gold spreading across the floor. Just by my left were two statues of wolf opposite each other with sparkling water flowing out of their mouth to the river and a little further to my right was another statue of the moon shining down on pups like a guardian and protector, staring closely at the moon the image of a woman was imprinted on the moon.. like a goddess looking down at the pups with love in her eyes.

"Do you know where you are now my child"
I heard the voice calm voice again. It isn't mum's voice. I searched for the source of the voice and couldn't find it.
"Who are you and where am I" I asked with authority laced in my voice.

"Ahh I see your father hasn't told you about this place"she simply said.

And then realisation hit me. Father has told me about... Something I might probably see as future alpha...on my eighteenth birthday... Sparkling water..the moon shining down on pups... goddess looking at pups with love.. howling wolf's carved... " Moon goddess" I said bowing down

And then I saw her.. cladded in a white long dress and a crown on her head
She simply laughed at me. It was a melodious sounds. " You don't bow to your mother my child and absolutely no formalities"

"I don't understand. How can you be my mother" I asked with confusion laced in my voice.

"I see your thoughts son. Every first born alpha from your father's lineage is my child. This is the promise i made with your father's ancestors. I am here to grace you with my presence on your eighteen birthday and give you my special gift like I gave your father and grand father and great grand father. I come every year but I never gave you the grace to see me."

"A gift. Thank you goddess" I said with sincerity. "But I.. I don't mean to be ungrateful just that my father didn't mention of a gift from you"

"Yes and he had his reason."

"Tyler Cedric Future Alpha of the full moon pack and future Alpha of Alpha's I bestow unto you the power to read people minds and detect the truth from the lie. The ability to see through people and the thoughts that flow in their mind"

"Thank you moon goddess I would always honor and serve you"I said with a knee on the floor and my hand on my beating heart.

"Rise up my child. Look into the water and have a drink"
I did has she instructed and boy I wasn't expecting it to be sour seeing it sparkle.. I was expecting a strawberry taste like a ice cream. She laughed at my expression saying the facial expression never changes.

" I would see you next time"
I think I saw her eyes flash white for a split second.
"Tyler child you must know a lot of surprise awaits you. You must be brave for every surprise you get and never show weakness. Be strong my child for the whole race depends on you Alpha."

I woke up to a strange taste in my mouth and my very sweet mother disturbing my eyes with birthday songs. What kind of a dream is that I thought.

"Mum this tradition of yours is getting to disturb my sleep" I mumured with sleepy eyes and of course she heard me with her werewolf sensitive ears.

She tilted her head "Nothing's too old for my baby"

Oh my gosh it's my baby's birthday and he is complaining of something we both love. He would soon find his mate and forget about all the love he has for me thanks to the damn mate bond thing.. ohh goddess I ain't complaining but why do this day have to come..

Mum's thought came flooding into my head.
That's weird.. staring at her lips,it's not moving.. something's not right somewhere..how is this possible she sure isn't using a mindlink.

I caught Dad staring at me in a weird way.
Could I be that he didn't receive the Alpha gift. Did it stop in my time or is it because he isn't my. Hold that thought Jace.

It happened again. Dad's lips didn't move and I could hear him loud in my head.
"Ehm are you guys communicating to yourselves or to me through the mindlink." I asked unsure.

"No son" Dad replied still staring at w
"Is everything alright" mum questioned further.

"Ehm I'm I'm just going to use the bathroom" I said speed walking into the bathroom. Am I crazy? I asked myself in the mirror running my hands through my messy dark chocolate hair and lost in my thoughts. Wait a minute the dream it's real. I haven't had time to think about it.

"Hurry up boy. You don't get a rest from training just because it's your birthday" dad yelled from outside.

"I will be out in five minutes"I replied
I heard mum smack him on the head something only her has the courage to do and whispering something about secret, gift and cutting the training short.

Training today was held in the pack gym and the open training field or should I say forest. The Alpha made us run 30 laps each in groups. I noticed I was faster than usual I beat my records of 15 minutes to 6 minutes. And I wasn't all that breathless like the rest.

" What happened there?" My friend Jake and future Beta asked me

"I don't know man but I beat you guys"

The Future Alpha fight. It's a tradition that I have to fight with 15 of our strongest warriors of the pack. It took me 20 minutes to beat them. Listening to their mind to detect their next move. It's not like I intended to listen but I can't get a hang of it yet.
It didn't skip my notice of how dad was staring at me to detect what has changed in me.

As always I had to fight with Dad after each training with other pack member and may I say this was our shortest fight. I was able to beat Dad for the first time in 45 minutes with the help of reading his mind to detect his next move dodge it and land a punch here and there. Oh this is victory at last. Maybe this was one of the surprise the moon goddess has for me.

"Slacking on your moves old man" I teased with a smirk on my face.

Keeping a straight face and analysing me with that Alpha look when he suspects something he simply muttered "something isn't right or could it be" under his breath.
"Let's go home Tyler, we have a lot of talking to do before and after your birthday party."
"Training dismissed. You're all invited to your future Alpha party by 2pm."

"Come on Dad. Can't you be happy I defeated you today"  I tried teasing him again walking home.

He looked at me with a smile putting his hands across my shoulder. "I am happy son you were faster and stronger today than usual. Your alpha trait is starting to come forward. But one thing isn't clear to me. I'm trying to put my fingers on something if you met the moon goddess in your dream and if she delivered her gift to you seeing the mischievous smile you wore through out today" He said with a wink and walked forward to the house.

"Go shower and come meet your mum and I in my office to talk about it"

I stopped in my tracks. "Dad how did you"

"Oh boy I played some stunt with your grandfather when I received my gift. I figured you might be doing the same thing and I was right"

"Dad"

His eyes went dim a little like he was talking in a mind link.. I tried reading on what they were saying but I couldn't.

"Meet me in my office in fifteen he said with a serious tone. I have some things to settle among packs"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you guys for reading. Please don't forget to like,vote and recommend.

I wouldn't be giving specific days to post anymore but I would be posting regularly. And to make up I'm posting two more chapters.

I love you guys ❤️

~Adeola