chapter seven ;

"SKATE 4! SKATE 4! SKATE 4 CHAT CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? CAN YOU FUCKING BELIEVE IT?!" I exclaim with enthusiasm dripping through my over-the-top voice as I bang my fists against my computer desk to emphasise how fucking excited I am over the announcement of Skate 4. The chat becomes almost unreadable as 'yes' and 'skate 4?' flood my chat at an impeccably fast rate. My average viewer count and overall follower presence had increased significantly through my regular interactions with the members of lunch club; more-so my ongoing cat and mouse chase with jschlatt. I owe lots of my 'success' to those boys who I hold so dearly to my heart, they've opened the door to the greatest opportunity; free money. The amount of donations I get in astounding, and all because I joined a minecraft server.

The story of my entrance to SMP is one for the books. It all started on my Youtube recommendations, more specifically a video by Traves: i'm having the best time on this minecraft server. The title seemed intriguing, so like any normal human with a brain; I clicked. It was hilarious and I searched Traves on twitter and slid in the guy's dms. That fateful meeting turned out to be the most regrettable thing I've ever done, the dude is a total asscrack with shitheads for friends. That unfortunately didn't stop me and I even landed a cameo in one of his Jackbox streams, soon escalating it from there to be a prominent feature in his videos and twitch streams. My invitation to the minecraft server was inevitable and the group of creators who followed suit were a wonderful bunch; notably Jschlatt.

Schlatt was a blessing in disguise, from his well-mannered and immensely detailed essay-structured videos to his dumb ass play throughs, he was well-rounded in a sense where he could be both down to earth and a complete asswipe all in the same 6 foot lanky ass body. The introduction of his call of duty commentary channel was the cherry on top of what was Schlatt's multiple personalities but he was a blast to be around nonetheless. Our meeting was expected and we hit it off well, the rest is history.

Speaking of the man with multiple personalities, the chime of my phone receiving a FaceTime goes off and I quickly pick it up, groaning when I see the caller ID. "Chat.. the bitch of the hour has decided to ring me up, wonder what he wants now." I swing my head to face my monitor and alert the stream who was trying to chat me up. I skim through the chat and a laugh bubbles in my throat when I catch a glance at schlatt's message in my own twitch feed.

jschlatt:
heard the guy on the other end of the call is sexy as fuck.

"I beg to differ" I reply back and quickly accept his call, milking him for fame once again. Although a bountiful amount of donations does seem appealing at this moment, it doesn't entice me as much the moment schlatt's booming voice is put on speaker.

"About time you dumb broad" His usual insult meets the ears of thousand of viewers and is quickly followed up by a large 1.5 litre bottle of mountain dew. Why is the fucker drinking mountain dew? Didn't he publicly denounce the flavour of that soft drink and vowed to never drink it again?

"Thought you hated gamer piss" I let out and he ignores me for a solid 15 seconds as he chugs a large portion of the drink before he focuses his attention back on me.

"This is my lifestream" Schlatt replied but I almost didn't catch it as he almost immediately began chugging that shit again and letting out the world record longest burp.

"Gross.." I shudder and turn my attention back to the Skate 4 announcement I was admiring before I was so rudely interrupted. The other end of the call was too quiet for it to be Schlatt and I looked down at the screen, eyes narrowing when I only see him staring into the camera, silent and looking almost preoccupied. Afraid to interrupt him, I choose to instead look at him for a few seconds before clearing my throat lightly and ghosting my eyes on chat.

"Hey Y/n..." Jschlatt calls out to me in a softened voice and I draw my eyes back down to his pixelated figure, raising my eyebrow in response.

"Yeah Schlatt?" I question him and he shuffles around before looking at me, I smile at him as I await his response and he grins back.

"What are you doing after this stream?" the question surprises me and my eyebrows rise up suddenly. I totally wasn't expecting that and it's clearly shown on my face because Schlatt looks at me bashfully and rubs at the nape of his neck before moving out of view.

Realising I kind of blew him off for a second, I quickly scamper a reply, "Nothing exciting, probably catch up on some sleep.. why do you ask?"

"Well.. I was thinking..." He stops himself and mutters something under his breath that I wish I had super-enhanced hearing to pick up on.

"You know how I have that love or host shit with Austin coming up soon right?" He continues and I turn my head towards my phone, my full attention on him.

"Yeah, what about it kiddo?" The kiddo throws him off guard and he almost retaliates but he lets the soft moment carry on, instead grinning at me as a reply.

"Well, as much as Jenna the mutt wanted to come and win over my heart, she apparently had to call off her invite to my show and would much rather play fetch with her owner, so I'm one date short..." He doesn't look at me once during the whole conversation and I stay silent as I wait for him to turn to me.

Once he does I egg him on to finish what he was implying. "I was hoping if you're not too busy.. would you like to take the dog's place? Unless you'd rather catch up on sleep, of course." If it wasn't for the terrible iPhone quality I might've been able to catch the slight redness to his cheeks or the way he was biting the inside of his left cheek, but instead i'm met with horrible FaceTime lag.

"As much as I'd love sleeping my day-off away, I'd be happy to put Minx in her rightful place today. Count me in!" I raise my fist in celebration when he cheers in triumph and we both laugh at our childish antics, stirring the chat as we discuss the details.

"Awesome, well I've got to clean myself up for my big day, but I'll definitely catch you later today, can't wait to see how you do!" Schlatt says goodbye before he ends the call and leaves me all bright red and staring at my webcam, watching chat speed by with an abundance of "oooooo"'s and "aaaaaa"'s.

I quickly decide that I won't be a simp any longer and tell my chat I have to shave and present myself well if I'm going to steal Schlatt's heart today. The chat bids me goodluck and I end my live with the biggest smile on my face.

It's on Minx.

Omg hi loves i'm so so so so sorry that I am horrible at updating my story. Last time I posted a chapter in June I was celebrating 3K reads, today I am proud to say we are soon going to hit the big 11k milestone!!! My previous books have never went this well and It honesty fills my heart with glee whenever I see so many notifications of people voting, commenting or adding this book to their reading lists. It is so wonderful to see so many people add this story to all their reading lists everyday and the fact people enjoy my book that much gives me the motivation to try and update.

As you can tell from the whole Skate 4 spiel, I've had this in the drafts for a couple months now but my will to update has been revived only slightly.

I hope you're all doing well and you enjoy this chapter despite it being moderately the same length as the others. Let me know what you think and I'll be sure to try and update more frequently :) Love you all mwah ❤️❤️