Chapter Two : Aphrodite's Fear

On the third day, Jesus rose again. On the third day, the Germans also decided to bomb random hospital sites and their own was one amongst them.

Four tents filled with soldiers and a handful of nurses lost their lives. Many orderlies layered the floor, their blood splayed all around with the remnants of their bodies torn. The tents were burning with their carcasses falling down upon the people inside. The remaining people were transported to the other tents on the outskirts of the camp while removing the little belongings they could.

Wails circulated like rumours and water was being splashed upon the raging fires of the tents. People were ushered and evacuated into a safer haven while they waited for the rescue team to arrive.

Harry was moving around the affected areas with the other Captains to aid them in scanning for survivors. There was a vague sense of dread lurching in Harry's stomach. It had been there when he woke up in the morning and remembered the previous night's events and was strengthened when the bombing occurred. Harry had luckily moved to use the latrines when it took place.

In due course, Liam found him while he was helping the survivors reach medical assistance and directing the others to evacuate the area. The man had been asked by the other Sergeant Major and reached the nearest telephone to call for help to the nearing stations. And Liam returned with a little ration and more news. He told that the nearby battle stations nearby have been struck as well. Aid may take time.

"Time is the one thing none of us possess," Harry muttered and gently placed the man on the floor with Liam's help. "Why don't we transfer the injured into the cycle camps?"

Every camp had a separate tent which was visibly distanced from the cluster of tents for people to spend their mating cycles in. It was a well thought out addition and an absolute necessity.

"I second with you on that, Sergeant," another comrade mentioned, "there is no Omega or Alpha in their mating cycle right now."

"Makes sense," Stone agreed with a slow shake of his head, "I'll need verification if the tents are actually empty."

"I'll go find Swift," Liam suggested.

"Louis might know better-" Stone alternated but then looked at Liam, "-where is he though?"

"-I'm not sure," Liam responded.

"He is alive, right?" Stone interrogated.

"He wasn't amongst the dead," another soldier reported, "that's something I am relatively sure."

"For fuck's sake, assure that he ain't dead," Stone scowled, aggravation clear on his face and intonation, "we really cannot afford the loss of medical practitioners at this point."

Stone was an annoying man. He was ridiculously tall, nearing to Harry's own height, had dirty blonde hair and a foul mouth. Back in England, he was a part of the High society of London for what exact reason, Harry was unaware. He was an Alpha as well so the tendency for him to be an excruciating source of irate heightened.

Harry was trying his best to scan through the crowds to search for a tiny feathered haired man and the more time it was taking for him to locate the Omega, the more his heart quenched. He just wanted the word of mouth that his Omega was alive.

One night wasn't enough, even by a measure. He wanted to spend more of his time with the Omega, it was unrealistic in the current situations and circumstances but he could always hope. It was imperative to hope.

And with that, he turned to scourge through everyone who passed by. A stretcher moved in the periphery while Alpha Stone directed the other soldiers to collect the people who fell and prepare wagons for their burials.