20.

Part 20.

"When can I take Sumo home?" Shravan asked the doctor.

Shravan was with Suman all the time after she gained consciousness.

Everyone met her and Shravan made sure that Kamini and Ramnath do not go anywhere near to Suman.

Shravan then let her sleep and made Preeti and Pushkar be with Suman and he went to ask the doctor about her discharge.

"You can take her after 2 hours. She is still on her sedatives and after her check up you can take her!" The doctor said.

"Okay, thank you doctor!" Shravan said and left the cabin.

While going towards Suman's room he saw his father sitting there, defeated. He still haven't talked with Ramnath.

"Shravan beta!" Ramnath Malhotra saw his son standing afar and looking for him.

"Oh please! Aap mujhe apna beta naa hi kahe toh accha hoga" Shravan said. He was damn angry on his father for what he did with Suman.

"Beta tum yeh kya keh rahe ho? Mai tumhara baap hu, hak hai mera tumhe 'beta' kehne ka!" Ramnath said.

"Beta" Shravan chuckled. "Kya kiya hai aap ne apne bete ke liye? Please batayie" Shravan said sarcastically.

"I gave you all the love when no one could ever give you, not even your mother!" Ramnath said. Shravan was shocked listening to this, he felt as if his father loved him forcefully.

"Zabardasti (forcefully) pyaar diya kya?" Shravan asked, tears welling up in his eyes.

"Shravan..." Ramnath realized what he said and tried to stop his son but Shravan was in no mood to listen to his so called father.

"Nahi! Aaj nahi. Sach jaan na hai mujhe, sirf sach!" Shravan said.

"Kaisa sach Shravan?" Ramnath asked trying to act innocent, he didn't knew that his son already know about his masterminds except the Nirmala one.

"Aap ne Sumo ko black mail kyu kiya?" Shravan asked and Ramnath was shocked when Shravan said this.

"I told you Shravan!" Ramnath said in a whisper.

"What did you tell me?" Shravan asked.

"Suman always wanted you to unite back with Nirmala" Ramnath said.

"And why don't you want me to unite back with her?" Shravan asked.

"Because Nirmala will take you away from me and that is why I told her to leave this house years back!" Ramnath shouted. Later he realized about what he just said.

"What? Repeat again!" Shravan said not believing what his father said.

"You heard everything correct Shravan. Nirmala never left us, I made her leave" Ramnath confessed.

"Why?" Shravan asked. His head now started spinning with all the revelations.

"She is an independent woman, she always liked working but after marriage I didn't allowed her to work. When I was not able to get success in my career I asked Nirmala to work and she agreed. She started to work just for you Shravan, she wanted you to study in a proper school. Later when Tiwari Ji helped me to win my first independent case I asked Nirmala to quit her job and she denied. I let her work but just after few days she started coming home late nights." Ramnath stopped and looked at his son who was looking vulnerable.

"Go on!" Shravan said with his voice heavy.

"Being a man with purane khayal, I thought that she is having an affair with her boss Ahuja. But it wasn't true. Ahuja was dying, he was having cancer and his wife died few months before that in a car accident. Ahuja asked Nirmala to take care of his company and his children after his death and Nirmala agreed with this. She started looking after Ahuja's children but slowly slowly she also started neglecting the responsibility of being your mother. I hated the fact that she is looking after someone else's kids but not our kid, I hated when you used to cry when Nirmala wasn't at home. So one day when you were in school, I and Nirmala had a big fight, I accused her for having an affair with Ahuja and also.... I slapped her!" Ramnath finished telling the truth.

"You did what?" Shravan almost roared. He cannot believe that the man standing front of him, whom he used to worship is a monster.

"Then why didn't she take me with her?" Shravan asked.

"Because I black mailed her! She came back to get you after I sent you to London. I told her that your childhood will be ruined if me and Nirmala involved you in all case hearings." Ramnath said.

"Why didn't you tell me this?" Shravan asked looking at ground.

"I didn't want you to go away from me. I didn't want you to love anyone else other than me, that's why I black mailed Suman also as she is the only one who knew the complete truth!" Ramnath said.

"WOW!! WHAT A PLANNING!! I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU COULD DO THAT!! HOW CAN YOU!?" Shravan lost his cool. Listening to his voice Preeti and Pushkar came out of Suman's room leaving her asleep. Lala ji also came. Ramnath kept looking down at the floor.

"Bhaiya kya hua?" Pushkar asked going towards Shravan.

"This man tried black mail my Sumo and Mrs. Nirmala Ahuja!" Shravan told.

"Malhotra" Ramnath said.

"What?" Shravan looked at him.

"Nirmala Malhotra. Humara divorce nahi hua, she is still a Malhotra!" Ramnath told.

"Someone please take this man away from my sight, I cannot bear him in front of me" Shravan said totally annoyed by Ramnath Malhotra's presence. Lala ji took Ramnath outside the hospital with him.

Shravan looked at Preeti and Pushkar who was totally shocked with all the revelation. Shravan wanted to be alone with Sumo, he then went inside her room and closed the door behind him. Preeti and Pushkar decided to give him some space.
_______________________________________

See you guys next Friday!