Chapter Five- The decision

ahhhh! sorry I haven't updated in like forever guys I've been catching up with school work so I will try to update more often!

~

Jay was pacing the floor when Nya finally woke up.
"Did I hit my head?" she said, rubbing her forehead.
"No, Nya. You fainted." Jay replied harshly.
"Jay.. why do you sound so cold?"
"No reason."
"Nadakhan's words got to him" Ed interrupted Jay and Edna followed, "You aren't seriously considering it Jay?"

He stood still for a moment until Nya spoke up.
"Jay, you can't take the offer he will-"
"If I don't he will hurt everyone I care about, I can't let you or anyone be in danger because of me."

That was when Wu entered and some of the other ninjas followed him from the elevator.

"What happened Jay? Ed and Edna? Is everyone alright?" he asked.
"Calm down Master Wu, he didn't do much." Nya spoke up.

Lloyd and Kai entered late and were out of breath.
"We had no signal up there so-" Lloyd started before Kai cut in, "we couldn't see the call." They were both panting.

Cole noticed the ring on Nya's finger, she was holding on to it almost.
"I see Jay already did it."
"At the worst time possible," Jay said.
"At least she said yes, Jay."
"Fair enough."

Zane looked confused.
"You said there was a decision for Jay to make, may I ask what that was about?"
"Um- Well Nadakhan," Nya stuttered. Jay knew he would have to say it.

"I'm going to be Nadakhan's second in command to keep you all safe."

"Wait, you decided?" Nya's voice broke. She was about to burst into tears. Kai had to hug her and comfort her while the rest listened to what Jay had to say.

"I have to do it to protect her, to protect all of you. That's all he needs, me at his side playing along." He continued.

"Jay, what happens when you have to attack Ninjago? Are you going to have to fight us?" Lloyd asked Jay, who was in deep thought.

Would I have to fight him, I can't. He's my closest friend- and my leader along with teammate. I can't, but I must. It's what Nadakhan needs me to do. I have to.

Jay finally ignored his thoughts and spoke aloud, "We will cross that bridge when we get to it."

"Goodluck Jay." Master Wu finally spoke.
"That's it!? No wise words to send me on my way? Just bye Jay have a nice trip? Wow, thanks Wu." Jay retaliated.

Nya wiped her sleeve and tapped Jay on the shoulder.
"You will be fine, I promise we will all be safe. Just, don't be too long okay?"

"I can't promise you that Nya but I can try my best." He said.

He hugged and said goodbye to Nya, Kai, Lloyd, Zane and Wu. Now it was just Cole and his parents.

"I love you guys, okay? Take care" He said to Ed and Edna before turning to Cole.

"I'm trusting you to keep an eye on them all for me." He said. Cole replied,
"I promise I won't let them out of my sight, bluebell."
Jay started to tear up and walked towards the elevator before yelling,
"You know I hate that nickname, dirtclod!" And he was gone.