Coffee Shop Change

—— Steve's POV ——
I take a shower sitting down, I can stand for short periods but washing myself is a fight somewhat. I use the plastic shower chair and finally I'm all clean, I dry myself off on the bench that's been installed in my bathroom since Occupational therapy has taught me how to clean myself and I now have a bit of free reign. I put on my clean clothes and wheel myself to my bedroom. I use the chair in the mornings then get up and work with my crutches. I attach my leg braces by myself,
           (Please don't judge, found online)

    I wear the braces on the outside of my pants because one time I put the braces inside the pants, that whole day sucked

    I wear the braces on the outside of my pants because one time I put the braces inside the pants, that whole day sucked. I then get up and shuffle to my bedroom door, it's now 5:40 am, I need to get moving. Her room is down the hall from me, considering us avengers have rooms beside each other, we each have our own private bathroom & closet.
      I shuffle along to go wake up Y/N for school. I finally approach her door, I enter, "Ladybug, it's time to wake up, gotta get ready for school." "Dad, it's 5:50." "Ladybug, I was hoping we could go to a coffee shop and take the subway and you go to school. Daddy/Daughter time?" "We're taking the chair and not the high backed one. Uncle Tony made a folding one."
(Found this one online, credits go to inventor of it)

           We walk to the elevator, after donning a ball cap

We walk to the elevator, after donning a ball cap. We walk down the street to the coffee shop, my phone is on. Y/N looks around, "Dad?" "Yeah, kiddo?" "You're starting to sweat." then her phone goes off, "What's it say?" I ask, "I get alerts from the braces. It just says your legs are starting shake and get wobbly. Uncle Tony made the braces connect to whoever was closest to you for the longest and they'll get alerts when we're out of the tower. Then if we're in the tower, Friday will make a notification or tell us." I nod, we keep walking.
—— (Time Skip) ——-
We reach the front of the coffee shop and we walk in. I order a frappe and she orders a s'mores, we eat some muffins. She then gets this look on her face, "Dad, what are you not telling me?" "I'm ready to go back to active duty." "Dad, you're still recovering." "Tony made a double of me that works like an RC car in the field, I'll be still doing a lot but not the physical endurance." "Ok, that's much better." I nod, "And since I'm doing better in PT & OT the sessions will be down to twice a week now." she grins and hugs me, "Yay!" I nod, I look at my watch, "We better hit the subway." she nods, "You ready?" I nod, we walk out of there.
            We make it to the subway, we sit on the bench, "Dad, it's my second day of school, I'll be fine." "Did that Flash kid make fun of you guys after I left?" "He seemed pretty scared of you." I nod, "That's my job is to protect you. Family first." "Healing is important too." I feel my bones letting me know it's a chair day. "You got that chair?" "Yes, I do." "Giving up?" "Yeah, they're starting to protest." she pops the chair out for me, I graciously sit down in it. I push myself along, "Uncle Bruce will hopefully understand." "Dad, this is the farthest you've been without anyone else with you, excluding me." I shrug and say "I need some independence but with Bruce being my primary care. I don't think independence means much right now, me getting better does." "Well, I'll see you later." "Ok, ladybug." she waves and heads inside.
                      —— (Time Skip) ——
     I wheel myself into the elevator at the Tower and make my way up to the living floor. The elevator doors open to reveal Peggy, Pepper, Natasha, Bruce, Tony, and Clint all arms are crossed. "Hi." "Geez, Cap, you've been gone for four hours from 6 to 10!!! Where the heck have you been?" "I took my kid to a coffee to spend some daddy-daughter time with her in peace and I went on the subway with her. I dropped her off at school and came here." Bruce says "I watched your stats again to see if we can adjust your physical therapy to make it more effective." I gulp, "Thankfully you did use the chair, that's good. It's why you have it." I nod, Peggy says "Steve, I just wish you could've left a note to let us know you were going out of the tower." "Guys, I made it back, on my own. I did get tired walking but now I'm going to nap." I push myself to my room to nap.