3 ✦ dramatization

𝕚 𝕥𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕡, 𝕘𝕚𝕧𝕖 𝕞𝕖 𝕒 𝕙𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕝𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥  

𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕣𝕒𝕞𝕒 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕀 𝕕𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞𝕖𝕕 𝕠𝕗 

✦✦✦

i became bold. for once, i felt happy that people knew who i was. 

i hung out with new people. the kids who everyone knew. 

you and your friends. the basketball team. 

i showed up to every game, supporting the team from the first row of the bleachers.

i had no interest in basketball before, but after paying attention and learning more from coach, it seemed more interesting than ever.

the boys on the team were nice, though a little rambunctious. 

they liked my humor, at least. most of them didn't really think far past the game strategy and copied class notes, but they did indulge in my innovative stories.

i sat at your lunch table now, too. at the corner, but i was there. 

one day, our table in the mess hall was boring. the boys dragged me from my designated position at the edge of the table, to the center of it.

the captain asked me to tell one of my funny tales, so i did. within a few minutes, i had the attention of everyone at the table. and maybe a few neighboring ones as well. 

i humored them with the story of an old rich man and his neighbor. they all laughed and i felt like the spotlight was shining on me. 

clapping me on the back, they thanked me and got up to go to their class. you were focused on your phone, but occasionally smiled up at me.

my fame was short-lived, but i hung on to that feeling.

along with hanging out with well-known people. i got invited to all sorts of gatherings, mostly parties i hadn't even known existed.

i went to those parties. met more people. i even started singing in public and got complimented for it. 

you thought that i should try making music. that i was pretty good. that i shouldn't forget you when i become famous. 

i tried to play it cool and said that i'd think about it a little more. on the inside, i was overjoyed that you were so impressed.

somehow i had become assimilated into the type of environment that you thrived in.

it was easy to catch your attention now. 

little things. like buying each other lunch. helping with the economics homework. 

every little step i took brightened the spotlight on me. 

was what i was feeling one-sided? 

no, but your smile, the true genuine one, only appeared when i was there. or was it the same the practiced one that you displayed to the rest of the world? 

as the days passed, things like that got blurrier. 

nonetheless, i gave it a shot. it was my drama. my move.

i asked you out.

✦✦✦

𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕪 𝕡𝕝𝕒𝕪, 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝕞𝕪 𝕕𝕣𝕒𝕞𝕒