LETTER #2000

February 20th 1988

I can feel him coming. He's trying to pull me away. I'm holding on though. I won't go so easily. I'm not afraid anymore baby. My handwriting isn't as it once was, so bear with me.

Zachary.

You are the most amazing man I have ever met. Since I met you, you were always different and I never loved you less for that, just like you never loved me less for my flaws. It was never about that. Maybe a little. Maybe it was about all of our flaws and how we loved one another despite them.

Remember when I asked you to never change, no matter what? It was quite a few hundred letters ago, but I still mean it. Stay the goofy, dog loving, muscled football freak, military vet, adventure seeker, Zach Morgan that I will always love.

I don't regret anything we've done. Like meeting one another, having our first kiss, first time together, all the fights, the long distance, getting married to you, even if it was in a hospital. I just regret the things we haven't done. Adopted a child, watch the little one grow, attend their wedding, have grandchildren. Grow old together.

I regret not loving you enough.

Promise me something, after I'm gone, remember me. Remember I lived. Don't ever stop loving me, but don't let me hold you back from loving other people too.

I hope you'll be happy Zach, because I am, I was, and I always will be.

I'll always love you.

Lewis