Chapter Nineteen - Kiss Me

Dedicated to : ToeTrixy

I'm a coward.

I hid to the nearest cubicle, slamming the door behind me as I pulled the toilet seat down and sat myself, pulling my knees closer to my chest.

I stared at the door while trying to maintain my silence as my breath became heavy and the silence was nerve-wrecking.

A few moments, clicking of heels was heard nearing close and their boisterous shrill laughter that resonated the whole bathroom.

"That was funny!" a girl screeched, letting out a shrill laughter. "--she deserved it."

"I know," another girl pipes up and I could just imagine her eyes rolling. "--that's what she gets for being slutty towards Tom."

I rolled my eyes, wanting to snort. Excuse me? Being slutty? Since when did I flashed my breasts to him? Did I ever seduce him? Don't put me in the same league as you girl.

"That was scary though."

My eys perked up in slight interest. "Did you see how scary Tom looked at that moment?"

"I know. He was so angry he punched a wall and a dent was evident on it," a sound of lip-gloss followed and I'm pretty sure they were slapping it in their lips.

I sat there with my heart racing. He punched a wall? What for? I don't want to assume anything but was he angry for me? It's not his problem, it should be the least of his problems.

"He threatened to beat the living hell of someone who did that to her," the girl chimed in with a disgust. "---ugh! What did she do to have Tom? Did she use another one of her stupid creepy ritual?"

"Maybe Tom has a secret too," a girl chuckled. "--maybe he's not really as cool as we thought. I mean who stays with the outcast, unless he belongs there?"

"That would be sad," a girl clicks her tongue. "--his looks are all for vain if he's a weirdo too."

"Maybe he's a furry," a girl chuckled. "---or those weird incels."

I bit my lip, wanting to scream at them for bad-mouthing someone, as much as assuming things. But I couldn't. I didn't have the strength to fight them off. I heaved a sigh, feeling the heavy weight in my chest become more of a burden.

I told him to stay away from me. Look what's happening? People might create a rumour around him and he'll be an outcast..because of me. Because I thought it was alright to be selfish.

I shake my head profusely, refusing to at least let one tear trickle down my eyes. I will never cry again, I promised that to myself. Crying is for losers.

If I cried, I'll lose to these stupid people and I didn't want that.

I didn't know how long I was staying in this cubicle but my legs were starting to feel numb. I stared at the floor and sighed, letting random thoughts passed through me.

"Janna?"

My eyes shifted to the door and the beat in my heart fasten. I didn't answer and hope he'll take it as me not being here. I clenched on my hands, pulling my knees as close as possible without muttering a word.