Chapter 12: Called Away

I slowly opened my eyes. My head and my nose were in pain. I felt someone holding my hand. My hand felt dry and wet. I looked to the left see who it was. Eliza was there with me... crying. Which explains the dry tears and fresh new tears on my hand. I caressed her chin and made her look up. It was all her, no make up, no nothing. She is just so beautiful to me. Her tears were streaming down.

"Tim, are you alright?" she asked.

"Yea, I'm alright." I smiled, even though my head hurts.

"Oh Tim, I was so worried about you."

"Ha, I'm a tough guy. I'll be fine." I said.

          I smoothed my hand around her cheek and moved my hand around her neck, bringing her close to me. I kissed her gently and she embraced me with all her might. I felt a huge throbbing pain on my head and nose. The kind of that numbing, but yet painful kind of thing. Groaning in pain, I instinctively pushed her back. And the next thing I know, I happen to hurt her feelings by doing so. Because I saw her sobbing more.

"Sorry, Eliza. Be gentle with me. My head still hurts." I calmed her.

"Oh, Tim... It's my fault you're hurt."

"Nah, I'm fine. If I was hurt, I'd be bleeding. Wait... was I bleeding?" I smiled.

Eliza looked offended. "Tim! Don't joke around! Do you know how I felt when you passed out?!" she yelled.

I erased my smile and looked at her. My heart stung alittle.

She started crying and crying uncontrollably. "I- I just don't want you to get hurt."

"Alright, I understand."

          I pulled her close and wiped her tears away from her blue eyes. "Don't cry, Eliza. I kinda hate it when girls cry." I smiled my half smile.

And then she finally smiled back.

"So... how long have I passed out?" I asked.

Eliza then gave me a grave face. "Err... uhh... You- mm... You've been- I mean.."

"Yes?"

"Um..."

I laughed. "Eliza, spit it out!" I pulled her forward and gave her a kiss on her forehead. "How long?"

".....Three weeks." she said.

I jumped out of my hospital bed so suddenly I frightened Eliza. "WHAT?!" I yelled. Then another throbbing pain went through my head. "Arrgg!!!" I groaned in pain. I lay back down and held my head.

"Tim, don't get up again! You scared me!"

"Sorry..." I rubbed my head. "What's the date today?" I asked.

"September 18th."

"Ouch... I missed my birthday..."

"What? When was your birthday?"

"August 31st..."

"Oh..."

"So... my parents?? Were they still sued?" I asked.

"Yes, for a while. But the judge quickly went on your parents side, so my foster parents lost. Because the judge found out that they put you into a hospital. Now my foster parents are paying your hospital bills. And-"

I closed my eyes. "Alright, alright... not too much talking at once. Kinda hurts my head." I laughed, but as I laughed, it hurt even more.

Eliza laughed like an angel and kissed my forehead. "Feel better now?"