Impossible Amends

I couldn't use Wattpad for a few days... yeah, something broke or something...

Nah, I just got an Xbox One for Christmas. This is a short chapter, because the rest is on hold until the majority have spoken. I'll give you all five hours to respond with an opinion to the question at the end of the chapter. The one who is favored will win, and then I'll post the next chapter.

WBE: Who cares
WAE: Not me
----------

((9th of Sun's Height, 4E 205, 9:36 a.m.))

((RUSSETPOV))

I awoke to the sound of a crackling fire and hearty laughter. When I climbed out of bed again, I noticed a trail near the door. Mud tracks led outside, and the boot print was familiar somehow.

"Russet, our Dragonborn hero!" I was greeted by loud cheers when I walked up the stairs to the main hall. I wondered why I'd stayed away for so long. Aela raised her mug, and Farkas smiled proudly. Vilkas crossed his arms and nodded. Mead was passed around, and I enjoyed what could very well be my last day with the Companions.

At midday, I excused myself from their company, saying my last goodbyes to them.

Still, they wouldn't let me leave without a last argument.

"Wait!" Aela approached me, a single eyebrow raised. "You can't go without a Shield-Sibling." I knew it was coming, but I after a few hours, I'd realized that my safety was nothing compared to theirs. Farkas had offered beforehand, but it was still a poor idea in my mind.

"You're all needed here," I reasoned. "I'm going into harsh danger, and I don't want to risk any lives. Besides, Brynjolf and Karliah will be there to protect me."

"But can you trust them?"

"I know I can trust Karliah," I said with absolute certainty.

"But Brynjolf?" My silence answered well enough.

"Take one of us with you," Aela insisted. "Think of the stories they will tell when you return--"

"If I return, Aela," I responded softly. "If."

"When you return," she repeated. "Kodlak accepted you into the Circle and I have faith in his choice. When you return to us, Kodlak will step down. Sansa will take his place, and you need to be part of the ceremony." I was comforted by her faith in me.

"Thank you, Aela. But..." I hesitated. "You can't put yourself in jeopardy because of me."

"If you don't want me to follow you, then so be it," she accepted. "But one of us is going with you, whether you like it or not." She looked around and caught the eye of both Farkas and Vilkas. "You two, come here."

...........................................

Who should go with her? Farkas or Vilkas? I have a feeling this is going to be awesome...