PROLOGUE

It's too quiet and I can't move again. I lay there on the floor looking at Oliver and Luah's sleeping figures. I can't sleep. How long has it been since anyone has seen the light? Kuro yearns for the sun for the first time, even for a drop. No one in the room can tell how many days it has been. The ratio of people coming in and out is very disproportionate. The floor isn't soft at all. the only resemblance of the comfort of a bed is his head on someone's lap. It's not luxury but it is quite peaceful. the moment he has no one to hit him for ticking, no stress. Yet his body isn't moving; being malnourished might be the reason. But it is not safe, his body feels paralyzed due to fear in a way. The door violently shakes as the woman offering her lap pulls the toddler towards her chest.

"Pull that kid in the corner, we are sending him to the one in Laos. No one will search for him there", they pulled Luah away from Oliver and dragged him out carefully.

"His father must be stupid in not having his kid guarded, so much for making Am-'', slamming the doors closed resounding Luah's sobbing.

NO. Not Oliver. But there was nothing we could do. Nothing I could do. 'Because of you, I have to suffer', mother's voice keeps resounding again repeatedly. At this point, only a judge can silence it. Objection overruled. But why...

All I want is a place to call home.