Pastor Daughter

I'm sincerely sorry for the late update. Please forgive me. 

**

"OKAY SERIOUSLY, what's up Mercy?" Faith asked, putting down the course material she was studying. She had cut into the deafening silence in the room between her and Mercy. The others had not returned from their outing. Since Mercy got in, she had been laying, face to the ceiling, on her bed thinking about Tony. He was a breath of fresh air and thinking about him helped take her mind off her tight spot with the lecturer, at least for now. Her crush on Tony was massive. "Yesterday, you were withdrawn looking all gloomy. Today, you're all to yourself smiling dreamily. What's going on? You've seldom spoken to anyone in this room since your issue with Ada. Are you okay?" Faith asked.

"I'm fine Faith. Thanks for the concern." came Mercy's response. She suddenly remembered the lecturer and, at that instance, she became perturbed. 

There was a brief silence before Faith spoke, "As much as I'd like to know what's going on inside that head of yours and to help the best way I can, I won't force you to tell me what's bothering you." Though she said that, Faith was still very much interested in figuring out what was up with Mercy. 

"Nothing is bothering me Faith. Just go back to your study." Mercy, on the other, was not ready yet to let her roommates know about it. The only one that knew was Lee and that was because she trusted him enough to keep it to himself and not report it to the school authority. She couldn't afford to get into more trouble with Mr Adigwe. Not a word about this to a soul unless I'd make your life in Unilag miserable. Those words frightened her more than she getting anything less than a second class upper. Lee however hadn't taken the news lightly when he heard it. He was pissed that an old lecturer would threaten to fail a student young enough to be his daughter all because he couldn't control his libido. He wished he could do something to get the Mr Adigwe sacked from his job but Mercy had told him not to do anything but keep quiet about it. 

"Okay if you say so. Just know that we're not roommates to only occupy this room. We're here to have one another's backs. A problem shared is a problem half solved. We shouldn't go through our problems alone. We should be able to share what's bothering us and somewhat help one another out of bad phases. We should be a family here." That said, Faith picked up her material and fixed her eyes on it in a bid to continue from where she had stopped. 

Mercy gave some thought to what Faith had just said. She found so much sense in it that she considered letting Faith in on her predicament. Perhaps Faith could help her out of it. 

Mercy sat up on the bunk bed, her back against the wall. "Well, there's something that has been bothering me lately."

Faith dropped her book immediately and was all ears with what Mercy had to say. "Which is?"

"You remember the case I told you I had with a lecturer, yeah?"

"Yes, of course. I do. I do remember!" Faith nodded her head eagerly. "You went to his office. Did he accept your apology? Don't tell me he didn't."

As Mercy was going to respond, a call came in. The caller ID read mummy. Her brows furrowed as she wondered why her mum was calling. "Hold on. I gotta' pick this call. It's my mum."

"Sure, no wahala."

"Hello, mum." Mercy said as she pressed the phone to her ear. 

"Hello darling. How are you?" came her mother's response. 

"I'm good mum. How are you and dad doing?"

"We're doing well. We're just missing our baby girl. Hope you're coping fine with school.