Chapter 2

The following day Fiona arrived at Tulip Caffe to find Tom was already seated with two cups on the table. She smiled as she walked over to him. He was wearing a gray shirt with dark washed jeans. She could see his shoulder muscles through the shirt. His arms were strong, biceps bulging, she could also see some tattoos peeking out from his sleeves.

"My lunch date is running long, but she should be leaving soon," he said as she approached the table. She stopped, confused. Tom quickly stood and pulled out the chair for her, "I'm sorry, I'm completely joking. It wasn't funny. Shut up Tom."

Fiona laughed as he nervously tried to correct the situation. She did figure he was joking to begin with but she watched him flail.

"I got you a caramel latte, that's what you usually order, right?" Tom asked, referencing the plastic cup on the table. Fiona thought of roofies, but assumed it was probably safe and rolled her eyes to herself.

"Yes, thank you," she blushed slightly at the gesture. She slipped out the straw from the wrapper and stabbed it through the top.

"So did you Google me?" He asked with a toothpick between his lips. He leaned back in his chair, his hands behind his head. She couldn't help but think this was a male form of flirting. After all she did wear tighter jeans and a v-neck as a subtle ploy to make sure he noticed her figure.

"I did, Mr. Hardy," she admitted. "Seems like you might actually be a legit actor. Your name also came up with Leonardo DiCaprio's. You did a movie with him?"

Tom wondered if she was asking about Leo and if she would use Tom to get a chance to meet him. He had experienced this a few times already with a few well known, handsome british actors he worked with.

He nodded, "that's what I just wrapped up, we did some final shoots about a week ago."

"Wow, I'm impressed," she smiled. "What are you up to today?"

Tom felt relief that she changed the subject. She didn't seem like the type to care about celebrities in a crazy way, and he felt bad for even considering it.

"I don't do too much, just trying to stay out of the public eye but yet still stay relevant in the industry," it was hard for him to explain how he spent his days between jobs. He didn't necessarily have auditions lined up, but he was up for some roles based on directors he's worked with.

"You have another movie coming out too right?" Fiona took a sip of her latte. Lots of sweaty, muscular photos popped up in her search. Lots that she may have shared with her sister and friends. "A boxing movie?"

"Oh ya, ya. I'm an MMA fighter," he sat forward in the chair. He mostly trained every day since he filmed Warrior. He liked how his body looked tough, but it took a lot of work to maintain. "Lot of hard work but I loved it."

"Wow I don't have that kind of discipline," she laughed. "But it looks like it pays off."

Tom chewed the toothpick as he smiled. He felt satisfaction that he was seen as strong. He had come a long way since his days as a scrawny youngster.

He admired Fiona from across the table, her hair long but clipped back, her eyes bright under a layer of dark mascara. She's beautiful, he thought. Her shirt dipped down and he caught a glimpse of her cleavage as they spoke. Her shirt hugged her breasts tightly, he could see the line from her bra through the material.

She spoke passionately about her hobbies; she enjoyed painting, reading, and hiking. She spoke about her childhood dog and growing up with cats. Tom had a cat for a bit, he loved all animals but overall preferred dogs. Fiona preferred cats.

"How can you not like dogs?" He asked, confused.

"I love dogs! They're great, they're cute, they can be good cuddlers, but I like the companionship without having to take them out all the time."

"I like that, it reminds me I need to take a break once in a while," he had a point there.

"My cats remind me of that too, but my break involves napping," she laughed, "maybe big dogs are easier, my Chihuahua has to go out every 4 hours on the dot. And he barely walks, he sniffs the same spot the whole time."

"I have a black lab mutt, but I mean that in the best way. He's great, it actually kills me to be away from him," he pulled out his phone to scroll through photos and showed Fiona practically every one. Fiona awed over each one. "His name is Max. I'm thinking he's probably mixed with a staffie because of his ears and large head."

Fiona noticed how Tom glowed when talking about his dog. A man had to love animals to be in her life. That was a huge deal breaker to her.
Fiona then took her phone out to show him her cats, Henry and Hunter, and her Chihuahua, Charlie.

"Probably want to skip yesterday's photos right?" He teased, recalling the photo on her screen that was of him getting his coffee at the counter.

"Um, what?" Her skin flushed.

"I saw the photo when you opened your phone yesterday," he admitted with a laugh and a shrug.

"Oh.. well that's embarrassing," she rubbed her neck, "I, uh, had been telling my sister about you. And she didn't believe how cute you are."

"Well does she now?" He chuckled, running his fingers through his hair with a sly smirk.

"Back to the point!" She exclaimed her face turning bright red.

Tom smiled at how she got flustered and embarrassed. He wasn't bothered by the photo, it made him feel good that she was interested in him, as he was with her.

🌟Please vote if you enjoyed it.