Chapter 7 - Girl or boy

It was almost ten minutes later when James and Adeline had calmed down enough to have a proper conversation. Both of them had tear-stained and puffy red eyes.

"I missed you Addie" he murmured into her head. Addie remained silent, she hadn't missed him because she didn't even know he existed until twenty four house ago. 

"I didn't even know I had a twin until yesterday." 

"Harry said you probably wouldn't remember anything. I don't know how much I remember, but I like looking at pictures of when we were little."

"I havn't ever seen any pictures of when I was little"

"I can show you some later." This whole conversation between the two of them was murmured, neither of them moving from the spot wrapped up and entangled in each others limbs.

"You"ll have to meet my friends as well, you used to play with us too. We've been friends with Isaac, Grace and David since we were babies" Addie was grateful that he included her in his statement saying 'we've' not 'I've'. She was so content with her twin brother that she just sunk into him and allowed him to keep rambling on about all manner of things.

The warmth from the fire filled the otherwise chilly room and the pair slowly fell into a slumber from the heat.

**********

Addie awoke with a start. A loud noise had woken her up, she presumed it was from one of the boys now sat near her. Looking around she realised that she and James had been moved by somebody, they were now both resting together in an arm chair in a living room.

The room had high ceilings and wooden floors covered in a rug. The walls were a deep mahogany that were separated by large sash windows that overlooked the sprawling grounds. The window seats had comfy looking cushions propped up and were complemented by hanging curtains. The dark wood was also complemented with the deep red tones that were accented across the room.

Like the office, this living room had a large black grate fireplace in which a fire was roaring. Books lined one wall, stacked up high on multiple wall bookcases. And on another wall was a large television. She looked down and noticed that the armchair they  were nestled on was a large old fashioned leather armchair, it was big enough to hold the both of them and someone had covered them with a thick blanket.

She stared at the three boys before her, they were playing a game on the TV. She made the assumption it was an American game as she had never seen it before, not that she'd ever seen many video games anyway. 

Two of the boys were identical, they had the same unruly blonde curls that she and James shared and as expected the same deep navy coloured eyes. They both looked tall and well built, they had strong jawlines but soft noses with full lips and a sprinkling of light freckles. One of them was laughing brightly, his mouth wide, whilst the other had a more serious look etched on his face. Both were wearing jeans and t-shirts, Addie didn't know how they weren't cold in just shirts as goosebumps were appearing on her own skin. 

The other boy looked similar, he too had the same jaw, nose and eyes, but his hair was a light brown it was side swept and flopped over his forehead in a fashionable way. He was wearing a navy rugby shirt and jeans, he too was concentrated on the game like his brothers.

The brown haired boy turned to look over at Addie and noticed she was now awake. He shot her a little grin with the corner of his lips before proffering the game control, asking if she wanted to play.