Act I: Victim of Chance - Chapter 1: Abductees

Two years ago

On a highway in the interior of São Paulo, in the middle of the night. Fabio and his friends returned to the capital after a party. He was the one who drove, sober. The rest laughed too much. He looked for, but had none:

- Shut up!

- Oh! Are you stressed out? - Said one of the two friends in the back seat.

- Don't you remember? His girlfriend... Clarissa, left him and went to Brasília to get some deputies. There is! There is! There is!

Upon hearing this from those sitting next to him, Fabio tightened his hands on the steering wheel, controlling his anger. And another friend added:

- That's why he dragged us to that party. - And told Fabio that he was in front of you. - And you didn't enjoy the party at all.

Fabio remained silent. The other friend behind said:

- You should have taken some bitches, get drunk... I don't know. Anything instead of staying away from the party and whining like an idiot.

Fabio knew that none of this would change his mood.

He and Clarissa had a five-year relationship like a marriage. These "friends" were the Achilles heel of the couple's happiness. First because she didn't like them and neither did they. And second, they always tried to push another option for Fabio. He always resisted, until he couldn't do it anymore.

A beautiful woman charmed him in a bar. And when he realized, they were both at his house. The image of Clarissa's face when she caught him with another woman had been chasing him for days. He didn't understand how he let himself be seduced so easily.

- Stupid thing I did! - He vented, resting his forehead on the steering wheel. The man in the passenger seat scolded him:

- If it's because of Clarissa, that bitch really deserved some horns...

Fabio always had them as friends because they were partners, from the beginning, in his dirty business. He feared that if he sent them away or disappeared with one of them, it would generate suspicion or betrayal. Now he was sure, should have heard Clarissa before and more often.

With determination, he stopped the car out the road and shouted to his former friends:

- Get out of the car NOW!

They complained and tried to negotiate with him. A big discussion took place inside the car. A white light interrupted. Everyone in the car, except Fabio, was instantly unconscious. The light appeared to be a searchlight from the sky.

The car started to levitate towards the light while Fabio struggled not to lose consciousness and to get out of the car in despair. When he got closer to the light, a stronger burst of light knocked him unconscious.

When he regained consciousness, he found himself lying on an operating table, cold and made of a single sheet of metal. - What happened ... - He wondered. He turned his head automatically when he heard a clipboard fall.

A six-foot-tall creature, with three human-like eyes, gray skin and wearing purple overalls, had been startled and dropped the clipboard. He ran out of the room. The walls were metal. A lamp on the ceiling barely illuminating and the room gave an uncomfortable feeling of insensitivity and coldness to the suffering of others. But it also brought an air of nostalgia to Fabio.

He heard several footsteps coming. He got up and hid behind some machines in the room.

A group of six-foot-tall beings came in, wearing purple armor with a medieval appearance and an orange visor on the inverted triangle-shaped helmet.

They looked for Anchieta. He entered a machine, similar to an ultrasound. He hoped the guards would not check that machine and give up the search.

He did not notice the small metal tentacles coming out of cracks inside the machine. Anchieta followed the sound of a guard approaching. The tentacles snaked around looking for a target. Fabio held his breath when the guard stopped near the machine.

He heard the guard speak in a very strange and unpronounceable language. He became very tense and suddenly noticed the small tentacles that curled up in his arms slowly. The guard found him and pulled him out.

But it was too late, the tentacles clung to his arms and pulled them inside. The machine emitted blue radiation. Fabio struggled and shouted as the aliens tried to get him out of the machine. He felt his arms get hurt. He felt the radiation penetrating the flesh, veins and bones. It was as if each cell was getting hurt.

This went on for about five minutes until he was finally removed from the machine. The guards immobilized him and dragged him by force. With his aching arms.

He was dragged along a corridor with the same architecture as the room. He discovered, through a round window, that he was in orbit of his planet Earth. He didn't believe this was happening, he needed to find a way to escape.

He passed by an open door, three dwarf aliens examining one of his former friends. He was unconscious inside a device. Anchieta hoped that the aliens would open his body.

Anchieta ended up inside a room. The guards spoke to an alien in the shape of a human. He wore a white coat, his skin was brown, smooth and moist, he had two narrow red eyes, below and above them there were countless other very small red eyes in two rows, his mouth had two tongues.

While they had an indecipherable conversation. Fabio looked at the being that the alien in the lab coat and some dwarf aliens were analyzing. They were face to face. Fabio felt a rancor reach his throat.

The being was being thawed out gradually, supported on a vertical operating table. Half his body was free, his arms still weren't. He was unconscious, his breathing was barely noticeable. It was made of crystal, almost two meters high, the anatomy was athletic, it seemed ready to fight, a white crystal armor, full of irregular and pointed shapes, very resistant, was connected to your body, like an extension of it. He had unkempt hair, also made of crystal, strand by strand.

- Craistol! - Fabio screamed. He wanted to get rid of the guards and kill that being with his bare hands.

Craistol woke up revealing his eyes completely yellow and bright. His face returned the same affection when he recognized Fabio.

All the aliens were startled. Craistol growled, seeking strength to break free of the ice. The lab coat alien seemed to fumble with his orders. The two guards dragged Fabio outside. On the last look, Anchieta saw Craistol release one of his arms.

The guards headed for an elevator down a long corridor that contained several cages, some empty, others containing terrestrial animals or from some unknown place in the universe. They all kept making noise.

One of the guards pressed a triangle-shaped button pointing upwards. As soon as they got into the elevator, someone pushed Fabio violently inside with his foot. The guards were killed. Turning around to see who did it. Fabio was surprised.