Chapter 1

Hey everyone thx for choosing this book to read. I hope you like it.

Anyways pls don't copy any of my work, it's not nice and all my work is copyrighted and would hate for you to get in trouble. 😊​

Also, any characters and places are made up in my imagination any resemblance to any onion is pure pure coincidental and accidental.

And for all that is Holy... pls don't criticize my work or grammar. Everything is unedited and I might fix it if I ever get to it. Thank you!

And for all those who are handing out negative comments and vibes - they aren't appreciated and I won't waste my time on them and just block you and delete your comment.

Now onwards to the story.

{Celeste POV}

"Ok, here are the keys to your new penthouse. I know you're going to love it," handing Courtney the keys to my old place. I have lived here for the past five years and honestly I don't think I'm going to miss it. No, I won't miss the hustle and bustle of New York. I'm tired of it. Of course, I'm not going to tell her that.

"Thank you so much Celeste. When I found this listing it was dream come true, we've have been looking for a place close to our jobs and sorry I'm so late but I couldn't get out of work until now." I only met Courtney when she called me about the listing on my apartment. I waved her off letting her know that it was ok. She is too cute for her own good. She has dirty blond hair, bright blue eyes, and legs which goes on for miles. I don't swing that way but she does. Her and her girlfriend have been dating for a year and they decided to move in together.

"I know how hard that is to come by. I loved living here but since I sold my business I want to be somewhere that's low key and peaceful," this is the second marketing business I sold and I'm just tired. I want to settle down and place  some roots, so when my sister Luna called me to help with the kids. I sold what I could right away to be with her.

I told Courtney to take care and have fun before I left. Once I got in my car I texted my sister I was on my way. Driving up to Maine was a far trek from New York. An eight hour drive to be exact. Thank the Lord I already mailed everything I could up their two weeks ago.

She responded with a bunch of heart emojis. I had to stop by a motel during the night but got on the road bright and early.

After a few hours of driving I was singing into my water bottle at the top of my lungs, "Boys Boys Boys. We like boys in cars. Boys Boys Boys.Buy us drinks in bars," tapping my steering wheel with the beat of the music. I love Lady Gaga's first album. As I was driving by people they were starring at me looking at me all crazy. I knew they were only jealous because I was having fun on my road trip and they weren't.

As you can tell by our names, my sister and I were not raised by bohemian parents who loved the moon. No, we're sirens and if you didn't know any better we are able to die if a person doesn't fall victim to our song and die themselves. Well, that's just one way at least.

Centuries ago a wizard fell in love with a siren from afar. He knew she was off limits but he fell in love with her beauty and kindness that one day he made her a special necklace. It was a ruby pendant that allowed them to fall in love. Now in the present day  a siren only has to pay a witch or wizard to put the same spell of a ruby of our choice. We can fall in love with whom ever we choose... Humans, fairies, vampires, werewolves, and the list goes on. As long as a siren has her bewitch ruby on them at all time then we can sing and stay in our human form as much as we want. Once we are blood bonded our ruby and the siren in us dies and it can never be reversed. My sister fell in love with a human named, Dylan, and went through the transition. As for me, well... No one has caught my eye in the twenty-three years I have been alive.