4.

Chapter Four: Breakfast

It was the morning after the sweater incident, breakfast.

Lily was up bright and early that morning. She was walking the halls, wearing James's Quidditch sweater, and making her way to an early breakfast. She carried her books to her chest and walked through the doors of the Great Hall.

That morning, there were not many people there for breakfast yet. She looked around the hall, finding the Gryffindor table barely had anybody. Looking a bit more, she found Remus eating all alone and separated from other Gryffindors and eating a bowl of cereal. 

She walked over to him and sat across from him.

"Moony, you look so lonely." She tilted her head at him, but he didn't take his eyes off his cereal.

"I'm fine," he said. "I just woke up early. I see you're still wearing James's sweater, what's that about?"

Lily put her books down on the seat next to her and got a little closer to Remus, keeping a low whisper. "It's to make Severus crazy. We're doing it because he fancies me."

Remus kept his eyes on his cereal. "Was that why you were sad yesterday? Did he do something to you?"

"Hell yeah, he did," Lily said, a bit of anger in her voice. Remus glanced at her then back at his cereal. Lily took a glimpse to see if anyone was looking at them, then back to Remus. "He called me a 'Mudblood' again. Did you know he fancies me? And he still called me a Mudblood! Who calls the person they fancy a 'Mudblood'? That's, he's a dipshit!"

Remus raised her eyebrows, a smirk growing on his lips. 

"What?" said Lily.

"I'm not used to your profanity, Lily. I haven't heard you say stuff like that before. I bet James would be proud of you," he winked. "But he stays up late thinking about you."

Lily rolled her eyes, feeling a blush creeping up her face, but she shook her head. The thought was stuck in her head, James thinking about her late at night? She stopped herself from smiling. "Not the point," resisted Lily.

Remus laughed. "You like it, don't you?"

She thinned her lips and shook her head. 

"I know you do. It's fine, I'm not going to tell him. I don't tell people things." He kept eating his cereal.

"But Severus is crazy. If he saw me wearing James's sweater, he'll come up to the conclusion he was supporting me last night, which is what happened, so he'll act stupid and ask for forgiveness like he always will. Also, he'll feel really bad," explained Lily. "Isn't that such a good plan?"

Remus nodded. "You should eat."

Lily sat back down, taking one piece of toast and munching on it. She looked behind her to the Slytherin table, finding Severus looking at her sadly. Lily rolled her eyes and turned around. "Oh my god, I caught him looking at him with that 'sad look' on his face. He might be trying to make me forgive him, can you believe that?"

"Okay, Lily?" called Remus.

"What?"

He sighed, looking up at her. "I think you need to release this type of anger you have for him. You have a lot, then you can keep hating him."

Lily scoffed. "Of course, I'm angry at him! He's a fat piece of sh — ."

"No," Remus interrupted. 

"Fat piece of poo poo, is that better? You know what I mean."

"Mean what?" a voice chimed in. Lily turned around. Sirius was in front of her. "Hi, Lily. I see you're still wearing James's sweater," he winked.

Remus shook his head. "Don't make her explain it again, Pads — ." 

"No, Moony, I already know. James told me everything, he was thinking about you all night, Lils doesn't that make you happy — ."

"Shut up," said Lily, holding back another smile. "It's to make Severus mad."

"I know, right?" said another voice. Lily turned around, and it seemed like he came out of nowhere. It was James, of course. Lily's stomach dropped for a moment. "Hi, Evans," he said with a smile.

"Hi," Lily replied. He sat next to her as Sirius hopped into the seat next to Remus. Remus seemed to not want to look at Sirius and slouched a bit more. 

Lily turned to James, a bit closer. "Turn around," she whispered.

James smiled, turning around and catching Severus's eye. Severus looked at him angrily and rolled his eyes. James winked at him and put his arm around Lily. Lily's stomach did another flip.

"So," said James casually. "Am I walking you to classes or something?"

Lily giggled. "Sure, James. Sure."

"Wait til' you heard what she said about Severus," chimed Remus, smirking.

James looked at her happily. "What did you say?"

Lily scoffed again, looking up at him. "I called him a 'dipshit'."

Both Sirius and James looked at her, eyebrows raised, and a surprised smile. James especially. "Oh my god," said James surprisingly. "You cursed. Profanity, I, I have no words. I like it."

A smile was growing on Lily's face. "Thank you."

a/n

thank you for reading, people :)
sorry i haven't updated in a while, i've been watching Hamilton over and over again haha
this chapter (including author's note) is 890 words
thank you for reading again

~the sweater