9.

Chapter Nine: The Confrontation

After Transfiguration.

Lily was waiting for James at the door, leaning on the doorframe as she watched him discuss with McGonagall. She didn't quite know what they were discussing about, but from the looks of it, he wasn't in trouble. In fact, McGonagall was smiling. 

After a minute or so, James waved a 'goodbye' to the professor and walked to Lily.

"So what happened?" asked Lily, taking his arm again and starting to walk.

James's smile was very bright. "Professor McGonagall thinks I'm doing well in Transfiguration. She's considering of making me help some first years. Thinking about it, though, she might not want me to make too much of an influence on them."

Lily laughed. "Wouldn't want a mini army of James's to roam the halls and cause chaos, huh?" 

"Spot on," he said. "Would I really make much of a difference, though? They're only eleven."

"Um, yes."

James sighed. "Okay, then. I won't. If she believes I can do it, I'll tell her 'no'." He thinned his lips.

"Wait no, that's not what I meant. I meant don't tell them to do anything that'll land them in trouble," Lily rephrased.

"I'm not going to do much, it's not like McGonagall would let me teach the whole lesson," James joked, barely laughing.

"That would be funny, they'd have to call you Professor Potter." Lily shook her head with a smile. She felt a small tap on her shoulder, making her turn around.

Once she had turned around, her eyes caught Severus, looking miserable and angry at the same time.

"What?" asked Lily right away.

Severus took some time to take in her quick response, staring at the floor. "I want to talk to you."

"What about?" Lily turned around, facing him and crossing her arms. "What do you need to talk to me about, I'm going to be late to classes soon."

Severus looked from Lily to James. "I want to talk to you...alone." he requested.

James stepped up, crossing his arms and furrowing his eyebrows. "Hey, mate, if you're going to call her a Mudblood, I will — "

"James, it's fine, I'll be back in a second. Just do me a favor and wait here." Lily told him, slightly pushing him back in case he decides to take a punch on Severus. She gave him her books.

Lily walked with him a bit farther from James, although still in his eyesight. "What is it, then?" she said fiercely.

"Are you actually dating him?" Severus asked, straight-forward.

Lily hesitated of what she was going to say, looking back from James to Severus, James raising his eyebrows at her. She exhaled deeply. "Yes. Why?"

Severus's eyes widened and his lips parted in surprise. "You're joking right? Really, out of all people, it's Potter?" he was slightly yelling, Lily exhaling again to calm herself down.

"Out of all people? What are you talking about?" She had an eyebrow raised.

"I said what I said, why Potter? He's not good for you, you don't know who you're seeing — "

"I don't know who I'm seeing? You said what?" Lily began to bubble with anger. 

Severus shook his head quickly. "I didn't — "

"No, you did. You think I don't know how James is like to 'protect' me when the real person who doesn't know him is you. He's kinder than you have ever been to me and the fact that you had to question if he's the right person is as if you're questioning my own choices. I chose who I chose and I'm glad with my choice. You're going to learn to deal with it, Snivellus." she snapped, shaking her head and walking away from him. 

"Lily, are you okay?" James asked her worriedly.

"Yes, I'm fine. I just don't want to see his stupid face right now, let's go." Lily grabbed his hand and walked with him, every step getting away from the shocked and remorseful Snivellus.

a/n

i feel like a legend, mAn, i wrote three chapters in a day, chapter ten also coming today ahahah
today is my bsf's bday @audistuffz so go check her stories out mAn
695 words

~the sweater