🌸 𝐱𝐥𝐯𝐢𝐢.

So I'm totally gonna be a hypocrite 😎✨ but now, I feel like writing long replies is something that's become a norm for me.

I like writing these replies because it's fun to see what my oc thinks in a certain situation, how they feel about something, and that might cause my replies to get longer and longer.

However, when writing these long "literate" replies, people tend to get drained out. I understand that as well — there have been multiple occasions where I just felt like I can't write. I can't do anything except talk. That is when I thought that this had to stop.

Expecting literate replies from someone — I'm not saying you should resort to one-liners or anything — is something that I personally feel unnecessary to carry an rp. If one person types ten lines and the other types two comments, so be it. We all have our respective lengths and skillset. No one should pressure the other to do better if it stresses someone out.

I find it easy to write long-length replies because I enjoy writing them with my own focus on details and thoughts, but don't think If it as pressure to match the same length. So long as one responds to the dialogue and the action given at hand, that is a worthy response, no?

It's easy for me to get into my characters' heads — what they see, feel, and do is what I feel I can write quite easily, but that might not be the case for others, and that's okay! Improving your writing doesn't mean that you have to add length to it — it means you have to add personality to it.

oof where was i— right! XP here are my personal tips on how to make your responses not only longer, but entertaining and fun to write & read!

first of all, it's better to write a character you understand. The reason why you make a form for your character, why you bother on writing detailed paragraphs for a personality, is so that you can get to know them better. Look through the eyes of your oc — see how they view the world, not how you view it. Different people from different backgrounds react differently to scenarios. Change your writing according to what goes on in your character's head. I've seen a lot of people who use their own personal writing style which is a sort of narration — it makes and establishes their voice as the author's, and they're amazing too, but to me, that's just not my style of writing.

I'm a person that lacks in physical description. Most of my paragraphs are my characters' thought processes. It could easily be the other way around for some people, but I find it important that I convey my oc's feelings first. For example, how I write three ocs of mine differ.

Azriel's tone is calm and cool, being the sophisticated person that he is. The way he describes the world around him is meticulous and how he addresses situations is formal. Valerius is comedic — everything that happens around him is cranked up ten notches. If someone brushed against his shoulder, he takes offence. If someone stares at him, he thinks they glared. Evangelus is playful and warm, being cheerful and oblivious. It shows in his actions and thinking process that he is unaware of the dangers of the world, that he's unfamiliar with his surroundings and naturally wants to see more.

It's those tiny things in their personalities that make all the difference. What they're feeling is what I focus on. This is why I usually have a vision for how I want my oc to be starting from when I make a form — I know how to portray them accurately by expanding on the persona.

It's always super fun to look into a character's thought process, especially Eva's, I feel, because of his unique innocence that hasn't been completely spoiled by the world lmao

In conclusion, characterization >>>>

but also, I dislike replies that don't include any dialogue at all — particularly starters. If you wanted to start off a chain, make my oc interact with yours with a bit of dialogue — if you just give me 2 comments of description but nothing for my oc to respond to, that isn't exactly a starter—

( also this is the 59th chapter and it bugs me because hNGHHH ODD NUMBER— )