Chapter 18

Tessa Miller P.O.V

"Tessa what is wrong with you?! One minute you saying you're in love with me, then the next you telling your friends that you still love Mason! I knew this wouldn't work out. Just like you cheated on him with me, you would do the same thing to me. I actually thought we were going to be something, but I guess not. I'm done with this. It's over." Brandon said. I knew he was angry at me, but I can't stop how I feel.

"Brandon I do love you! It's just I love him too! I'm sorry, please just let me figure this out." I cried. He shook his head.

"I'm sorry, but no. I deserve better then this. I betrayed my best friend because I thought we were in love, but in reality this is just some sick game to you. I'm done. Don't call, text, or talk to me again!" He yelled.

I pleaded and begged him not to leave me, but he left anyway. I heard someone laugh from behind me. I turn to see my mother. I wiped my eyes.

"You still haven't learned yet? You will not win, Tessa. The DuVall men are too strong to be broken down. Trust me I know from experience. Mason will not love you, like he used to. You betrayed him, lied to him, and used him. And if there's one thing I know about the DuVall men, it's that they don't go down without a fight, they never give up. Whatever you plan on doing, stop. You. Won't. Win." She said.

"I will win! Mason loves me and only me!" I yelled. She chuckled bitterly.

"Really? So where is Mason now? Who is he with at the moment? If he loved you, you two would still be together, right now. So spare me the Mason loves me drama. You will just get hurt in the end." She said. I wasn't going to believe her. Mason does love me! I'll prove it to everyone. You all will see in the end.

Brandon Knight

This was all too much for me to handle. I had to leave Tessa's house. I had a lot of my mind. I wanted my best friend back. I couldn't believe I did something like this. It wasn't even supposed to happen like this. I wasn't supposed to fall in love with her. I hit the steering wheel vigorously. My life is so fucked up right now.

I made my way home.

"What's wrong with you son?" My dad asked. I sighed.

"I messed up dad."

"How so?"

"I lost my best friend." I said. He turned his attention toward me.

"Mason?"

"Yeah."

"How?"

"I feel in love with his girlfriend. We were having sex behind his back and we finally got caught." I said.

"Why would you two even do that to Mason? Mason has helped you and been your friend for forever. You both are wrong and deserve everything that happens." He said.

"I know, but I want my friend back." I admitted. I missed hanging out with my best friend. Shit just really got complicated. Things shouldn't even be this way.

"Well apologize to him. If you two can't overcome this, then you don't need to be friends. Don't pressure him, just let him know how your side, how you feel, and that you're sorry for ruining his relationship and your friendship. If he's a real friend then he'll accept it, it might not be today, tomorrow, or next week, but one day he will forgive you. That's what real friends do. You messed up, now this is your time to learn from it." My dad said. I nodded.

"Thanks dad."

"No problem, son." He said. I got up and went to my room. Today was just too much for me.